Ch.64 ↬ "For power and glory."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara walked back into town where she was feeding on bystanders at a restaurant. She ripped the head off of her last victim. No one else was coming in yet and she grew impatient.

The sun was back up, meaning that she was going to be trapped inside. She screamed as soon as she felt the burning sensation on her fingers.

"Well fed yet?"

Qetsiyah came back and tapped Kara's shoulder, sending her into a sleep spell before pushing her back in the shade. She then called a man for help, pretending her friend was hurt and needed to get home. Qetsiyah asked him to carefully carry Kara's body in the back of a windows tinted van, placing her next to Stefan's body.

They drove to a lodge mainly used during the hunting season. Qetsiyah kindly thanked the random stranger for his help, then proceeded to wait for the two doppelgängers to wake up.

Stefan woke up first. He was startled by her sitting down, staring, but warned her to run away.

"I don't know who are but I need you to leave, I don't wanna hurt you."

"Good morning to you too," Qetsiyah titled her head and handed him a blood bag, which he took instantly.

"A vampire doppelgänger with a guilty conscience. Now I know everything," she nodded.

He finished drinking the bag and stopped to catch his breath. Stefan noticed someone laying down on the bed, recognizing her right away.

"Kara?" He furrowed his eyebrows before facing Qetsiyah, "you.. you saved me from burning alive outside today, didn't you?"

"And I saved you from the quarry before that. I figured out where you were and told the former owner of this cabin to pull you out of the water. You said your thank you by ripping his head off," Qetsiyah's smile faded.

"How do you know I'm a doppelgänger?"

"Because I've seen your face before. On someone else," she leaned forward, "how much do you know about Silas?"

Qetsiyah explained to Stefan the history of the immortal traveller. She revealed that the story everyone knew was a one-sided tale, Silas's own version.

"Silas wants the other side gone, take the cure, become human again, die and find peace," Qetsiyah stated.

Kara's eyes fluttered open as she woke up slowly from the drowsy sleeping spell. Her body was still numb, but she was all ears for the conversation.

"If you're Silas's one true love, then why don't you two just run off towards the sunset together?" Stefan remarked.

Qetsiyah turned around, rage filling her eyes, "Silas was my one true love.. I was never his. I'm Qetsiyah. Clearly you heard the story version where I'm the raging bitch witch whose obsession and anger created a whole new dimension of an afterlife. The woman who ruined everything for an innocent man in love."