Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"It's so hot!"

Mia and Klaus were walking through the swamps of New Orleans; after driving a few more miles, Klaus had to stop at the side of the road and walk to the witch's house. His pact followed far behind him to protect them from any other danger.

"Ugh–" Mia took off the leather jacket she had on and tied it around her waist.

The clothes she brought with her were the ones to copy Kara's style– all black and thick lined. She had some flannels and t-shirts that she bought with Rebekah, but they were all in the back of Klaus's car.

They arrived in front of a small, broken down house in the middle of the tall oak trees. Some clothes were hanging out to dry and Mia couldn't sense anyone around for miles.

Her hands rested on top of her knees as she saw her sweat drip from her forehead, "there's no–"

An older woman appeared from the back door and sighed at the sight of the two supernaturals, she gestured for them to come inside and they walked into the dark, seldom house. The heat that Mia was suffering from instantly went away as she stepped foot into the living room; she was now freezing and trembling.

"It's been years, Alecia," Klaus smiled and crossed his legs, "what have you been up to?"

"None of your business," she sat down across from them and gave Mia a glass of water, "let's get the point here, Klaus."

Mia looked around the house. Although it was small, it was quite spacious; there were many grimoires on the shelves that she recognized, supernatural artifacts, and even a few ritual decorations.

"If there were to be a specific, old vampire that was on the loose.. would you be able to locate him?"

"Yes," Alecia raised an eyebrow, "who?"

"Mikael. My father."

The witch sighed and got up to gather her supplies, "it's been centuries since he's been buried by that Bennett witch. Why'd he come back?"

"I've made more enemies."

Mia looked over at the Original– his hands were playing with the rings on his fingers and it was evident that he was nervous.

That's cute, Mia thought, wait what? Mia what are you thinking? She shook her head.

"What are you thinking?" Klaus shot her glance.

"What? Nothing.."

Alecia placed a map on the coffee table in front of them. She spilled some black dust on it and asked for Klaus's blood– then, she began to chant some spell that had the substances move towards a specific spot.