Ch. 51 ↬ "Silas will kill us all."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

As Mia and Klaus were having fun by themselves out of town, they had to come back to Mystic Falls and face reality again.

"Are you going to undagger Rebekah soon?" Mia asked when they arrived back to their house. She set down her coat on the coat hanger.

Klaus didn't reply for a second. There was a reason why he did– because he needed to protect the cure–but he knew that wasn't a good enough reason for her.

"I will. It turns out Jeremy's mark on his hand decodes Alexander's sword, the map to find the cure. She'll be awake when it's been deciphered."

Mia pursed her lips, she wanted to free Rebekah from her imprisonment– something that has happened to her one too many times. She just nodded and went back into her room until morning, where she was going to assist Caroline on the next Mystic Falls event.

On the other hand, Klaus stayed up all night to finish the painting he wanted to donate. It was a charity event, so he made something to put up for money. And when sunrise came, Stefan Salvatore barged into the household.

"Looks like a giant snow flake," Stefan commented on Klaus's painting.

"I like to think of it as an expression of post-modernism," He finished the last of it, "it's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

One of his hybrids, Joseph, walked into the living room, "you said it was urgent?"

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

"You want me to be a delivery guy?"

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude," Klaus remarked, "and be careful with that. It's still wet."

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves," Stefan mentioned with a smile, "what does your girlfriend think of– um– your dictatorship?"

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?" Klaus squinted his eyes at Stefan, "what are you doing here?"

In the midst of their conversation, Mia slipped out of the house through the back door. She didn't want to be any part of it, much less if it was with Stefan. Caroline was waiting for her in the town park with an annoyed expression.

"I hope I didn't come too late," Mia fixed her pony tail, "what else do you need help with? And why are you angry?"

"I'm not angry, I'm–" Caroline took a deep breath in and out, "I'm bothered that you're two minutes off schedule."

She half joked and handed Mia her clipboard, "all you have to do is check in the donation pieces and price them. After that, maybe just double check to see if these people are in their place."