Chapter 14 ↬ "You look like hell."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"This is getting ridiculous, Elijah."

Kara sighed and poked her pasta that was on her plate, "What are you trying to do?"

Elijah placed his hand over his chin and opened his mouth to talk, "I've came to here to find out the reason why you've turned off your humanity."

"It isn't that obvious? You, Niklaus, Kol. It's your fault that I turned off my humani−"

"I'm no fool, Kara." Elijah sighed, "The day I compelled you to forget about my brothers and I, your humanity was already turned off."

The younger vampire shifted uncomfortably in her seat, but she didn't break eye contact with the Original.

"The day you realized Kol was gone you went back to the village, back home. Your emotions were heightened and no one was there to help. It was quite obvious. Your family suspected you triggered the curse. But when the full moon came and went−"

"That's a lie—"

"−You remained the same," Elijah finished, "You were a shame to the family. They grew to hate you when they found out you turned into a vampire, a well known enemy to the wolves, so they sent you away, shipped you to England. After a couple days it was too much−"

"Enough!" Kara yelled and slammed the table, causing it to break.

"You're showing anger," Elijah smiled, "That's a first step."

"These ropes aren't going to hold him much longer," Mia warned as she helped Alaric tie up the hybrid.

"What else do we have?" Damon asked.

Elena was holding ropes in one hand and pouring some liquid onto them on the other, "Ric, here. Take these."

Damon eyed the hybrid once more before reaching for the ropes. "AH! OW!" He turned to Elena.

"I said Ric!"

"Just give me the ropes!" Mia yelled but realized it had wolfsbane in it, "SHIT—"

"I SAID RIC!"

"All right. Let me see," Ric grabbed them from the floor.

"All right, that's the last of the vervain. Let's go," Mia grabbed her backpack.

"Wait− We don't have enough stuff to hold him." Alaric said, "I don't think we can make that ridge before the full moon."

Mia, Damon, Elena, and Ric all stood in front of the hybrid, not knowing whether to kill or leave him.