Ch. 53 ↬ "Call it mercy."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia woke up on the couch of the Mikaelson manor with a sore neck. When she looked around to recollect her mind, memories of Kol's compulsion and conversation came flooding in. She groaned and rubbed her face– her heart full of embarrassment.

"How do you feel?"

Klaus was watching her on the other side of the room. He thought it was best to keep his distance for now, still in shock over what happened himself.

"Like I just died," Mia sarcastically replied and got up to leave. She didn't want to stay on talk to him, however, Klaus wanted closure.

He reappeared in front of her, "I would like to–"

"No!" Mia shouted and rubbed her forehead, "don't! Just get out of my way."

"What? Are you embarrassed? Surprised? Angered over your true feelings?" Klaus exhaled slowly, "are you scared?"

"No– I mean, yes– I–" She inhaled sharply and rubbed her temples, "I don't want to be with you right now, Klaus. I want you to get away from me so I can breathe," She tried to move forward, but Klaus didn't allow her.

"You can't just walk away from this."

"I can! I'm choosing to walk away," Mia felt pressured, "I'm choosing to bury my feelings so your stupid ego won't feel threatened. I'm choosing to take care of myself and not letting myself be disappointed again because some selfish prick CAN'T LET HIS GUARD DOWN for more than a couple times!"

"I have shown you enough of myself to prove that my feelings are the same!" Klaus yelled loudly, "that's more than I can–"

Mia cut him off by chuckling, "you don't get it– how can you be so SELFISH?"

She clicked her tongue and began to walk away, "you made it loud and clear last night that you didn't want me to be in your life. It's different now because I said those five words? I don't need to be included in someone's life when I'm not wanted."

He watched as Mia slammed the door behind him and walked away. Klaus's head was jumbled up with morals– what should he do? What shouldn't he do? A thousand years of living different lives and he still hasn't gain the knowledge of understanding people's pain.

Kara helped Danielle off the boat and carried both of their bags. She walked towards Stefan, who was staring off into the distance with a frown on his face.

"Are you thinking about what to do after Elena takes the cure?" Kara cleared her throat to grab his attention, "because that's not really going to do much as of right now."