Ch. 54 ↬ "I'm perfectly capable of being dead."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

When Mia and Elena arrived at the campsite, the rest of the group was gone. Damon left with an unsettling mood, Shane was missing, Jeremy was yet to be found and Bonnie disappeared, alongside Danielle.

"How the hell was everyone able to split up in the matter of fifteen minutes?" Mia looked through the cabins once last time in hopes for clues, "where did they all go?"

"Besides Damon, their stuff is still here," Elena frantically looked around her tent, "I'm going to see if Bonnie's still around."

Mia was rummaging through Danielle's bed, panicked at how she was able to lose her little sister.

She never should've brought her here, is what Mia was thinking. In a few minutes, Rebekah and Stefan came back from their search, only to look at the mess the two girls made.

"Where's everyone?" Stefan asked with widened eyes, "Shane? Bonnie?"

"Gone. Disappeared, apparently," Mia crossed her arms and stood up, "there wasn't a mess until Elena and I came. Which means either they were kidnapped or they left voluntarily."

"The tombstone," Rebekah sped over to her backpack on the floor, but was unable to find the piece of ancient rock. She then went towards Elena's tent to see if she hid it there.

"Left voluntarily?" Stefan clarified, "what? You think Bonnie would team up to leave us?"

"I also suggested kidnapping. Professor Shane is creepily close to her," Mia corrected and sighed, "as for Jeremy, that man with a hatchet could've gotten to him. And I guess the term voluntarily only sticks with Damon."

"I know my brother, okay?" He cleared his throat, "he wouldn't leave if he knew I would be in trouble."

"Let's hope so–" Mia heard Elena struggling for help, so she rushed over towards her tent to push Rebekah off her.

Mia looked at both of them, "what the hell is going on!"

"Isn't it bloody obvious? All you people do is betray me!" Rebekah yelled and was ready to kill both of them.

"She didn't take it. No one here did," Mia calmed her down, "we're all just as confused."

"Was any of this real? Was it all a ploy to distract me while the Professor runs off with the tombstone?"

Stefan walked inside the tent upon hearing their discussion and was ready to defend himself from Rebekah's accusations, "you think I'd do that? You'd think I'd let some psychopath run off with the cure? Every single moment of my 146 years has been ruined by the pain of being a vampire. And the cure ends that. It ends the guilt and it ends the suffering. And you'd really think I'd jeopardize that?"