Chapter 48 ↬ "Always a sight to see."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"I've graduated college five times," Kara informed them as they walked through the busy campus, "I don't remember it being this crowded."

"His classroom is over there– the S building," Mia pointed to her right, "and the lecture already started."

The girls hustled over through people and into Professor Shane's classroom– he started to go on about witches. They secured at seat in the middle, after having to scoot their way in-between.

"When I say the world witch.. What pops into your head? Halloween costume? Villian of a fairy tale? Maybe an ex-girlfriend? Well, whatever it is, it's probably not Tanielle Soso..."

"Is that him?" Danielle was in disbelief of the younger version of Professor Shane she pictured in her head, "he's kinda.."

"Hot?" Bonnie smirked, "I agree."

"Well, not in this reality at least. Witches have appeared across every culture in history. They're the architects of the supernatural. Responsible for everything that goes bump in the night, from ghosts to vampires, to doppelgängers–"

The group of girls exchanged glances at each other, all of them experienced in what the Professor just named.

"Now, if you're a skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence. But if you're a true believer, you know what, there really isn't such thing."

"What is this guy going to know about the cure?" Kara had to bring up the downside of this, "he's rambling on about the history of witches. History that has been repeated over and over again–"

"You'll never know if you don't ask," Mia assured her, "he's seems reputable in his research and he knew Shelia Bennett too–"

Bonnie started to cut in, "she might of never told him she was a witch. Just convinced him that they may be real."

"Please, everyone has to know witches are real," Danielle furrowed her eyebrows, "those tarot card readings? People believe in those–"

"Am I interrupting you guys?" Shane called out the girls on their conversation, "or is it the other way around?"

"Sorry!" Mia immediately apologized. There were actual students here in the classroom.

"We were just saying how much we love witches," Kara remarked, "so much that we were wondering they were also capable of making potions? You know, like in the cartoons?"

"Potions.." Shane paced around the room, "I wouldn't call it that exactly. They can mix various herbs for healing, anti-aging– anything really."

"What about a cure?" Kara earned a few glares at other students, "for vampirism? The demons of the night that suck blood–bluh, bluh–"

"That is out of today's lecture. If you're interested, you can come by during office hours. It's on the syllabus," Shane smiled, "now, let's talk about the reading none of you guys did.."