Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Mia sighed as she finished straightening the last piece of her wavy hair. After Danielle did some sort of body jumping spell on Klaus, Tyler was told to flood the school gym and move the party into his house. The little wolf was forced to attend and be Klaus's date and to keep an eye on the Mystic Fall gang just in case.

She could only say her goodbye to Danielle for a minute before she was pulled back inside by another hybrid, but they would see each other at the dance.

"I think burgundy suits you the best."

Klaus leaned against the door frame of the bathroom as Mia unplugged the heating device.

She rolled her eyes, "thanks."

As an apology, he ordered a dress and shoes for Mia to wear. The two of them were getting ready at the Lockwood's house; Klaus even had a burgundy tie to match with her dress.

"You're going to be with your family soon. Don't worry."

"Really? Or are you just saying that because I'm giving you attitude?"

He sighed and moved out of her way so she could put on her heels. For the past day, Mia hasn't said a word to him. That was expected, since he threatened to kill her again and continued to keep her hostage, but he thought they started a friendship on their small road trip over the summer.

"Maybe," he admitted, "I'm not a complete monster, Mia. Family means much more to me than you would think."

As she slipped on the black heels, she felt a little guilty; Klaus always mentioned how he wanted people to stay loyal to him, someone who won't run away or betray like everyone in his life does.

She sighed and turned around, "is everything ready?"

"Tyler said he's on his way now," Klaus checked his phone one last time and went off to tell the band and waiters to get in their place.

Mia nervously looked around; she knew of Klaus's scheme, yet couldn't contact any one outside. Additionally, his minions were watching her every move, so she couldn't just dash out the back door without anyone catching her.

In a matter of minutes, Mia heard cars pulling up and people chattering. Tyler entered from the backyard and welcomed everyone in; unfamiliar scents filled the empty mansions as Mia stood in the center, not knowing what to do.

In the back, the band started to play some music and the DJ inside started playing tracks; Tyler walked over to his werewolf friend and smiled.

"Have some fun. Don't look so sad," he said and wondered off somewhere. She sneered at his comment and started to walk around the living room area, then went outside because it started to smell like booze.