Ch.70 ↬ "This is home."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"This is comforting. You're adorable."

Mia stared at the stuffed animal named Miss Cuddles, which was also the anchor to the Other side. She stared at her, titling her head while doing so.

"What if I.. just don't.." Mia stepped backwards instead, but she bumped into something. Or someone.

Stefan was there too. He sighed when he saw Mia and raised his eyebrows for a second.

"STEFAN?" Mia exclaimed loudly, "what are you doing here?"

"Klaus killed me.. He uh– he's threatening them into finding a way to bring you back. He didn't trust their word so he ripped my heart out of my chest. Caroline's next if we don't work fast enough."

"Oh.." Mia felt bad for him, "I'm sorry– wait– Caroline!? Why not Tyler first?"

"What happened with you?"

"I actually have no clue. We were driving out of the county when I started.. bleeding out. Like that night when I died," Mia tried to recall her experience, "when we stepped out of the lines, I was still dying and my skin burned all over. Like a vampire without a daylight ring."

"The passengers created an anti-magic border within Mystic Falls. No undead supernatural can get in without dying."

"But I was outside of the border too."

"That.. that I don't know."

Mia and Stefan slowly turned to Miss Cuddles on the chair. Who now looked more scary than comforting, she was just staring at them.

"I feel like we're bargaining," Stefan pursed his lips.

"I blame Silas for making this sound terrifying," She held out her hand for Stefan to take, "together?"

He smiled, intertwined his fingers with hers and stepped through the anchor and into the same place they were in. Though, everything was painted in darker hues. The place looked dull and quiet, it was actually a ghost town.

"This is the filter on the Twilight movies," Mia stared at the disappointing sun in the sky. Stefan and her were still holding hands.

"No wonder all the ghosts want out. It's depressing here," Stefan sighed as they walked around, "do you think we could see what they're doing–"

Mia and Stefan stopped when they saw a couple of other ghosts. However, they didn't look at them– as if they couldn't see.