Chapter 21 ↬ "I'm using you."

Mia pressed the end button on her phone, then placed it under her chin. She left Danielle a message saying that she would be leaving Mystic Falls for a few days to look for her parents and she would be back soon. Rebekah woke up from her sleep and got up to see what the werewolf was doing.

"Surprised you haven't left yet," She said. Mia turned around shoved her phone in her pocket.

"I was just about to."

Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows. Klaus didn't give full instructions on keeping Mia, so the Original wasn't sure what to do. Rebekah grabbed Mia's arm, making the werewolf turn back around to her.

"You're not seriously going to leave me with a lunatic, are you?" She asked, "Stay. We're gonna go shopping."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows, "Go by yourself."

She started to walk out the door, but Rebekah stood in front of her and grabbed her wrist.

"We're gonna go shopping together, unless you want your throat ripped out."

The werewolf sighed and shook her head reluctantly, "I don't wanna die so I'll say yes."

Rebekah smiled and the girls walked out of their motel rooms. There was a taxi waiting right in front of the building. Mia got inside with Rebekah, who gave the driver directions, and instantly began to drift off into her thoughts.

If Mia started searching for her parents, she would be an omega. All alone with no pack. She'd have to handle herself. No more of Michelle's cooking, no more of Danielle's random objects flying at her, and no more of Zella's random puns she reads from newspapers.

But she couldn't just leave the search either. She promised herself she would find her parents. Everyday, she began to miss them more and more. And when Elijah told her they were still alive– that gave her even more hope.

Mia's stomach began to rumble once they arrived at their destination. Rebekah looked over.

"We'll get something to eat first."

They both exited the car after Rebekah compelled the driver to leave. They were at a Plaza. Fast food places, department stores, and markets were everywhere. Rebekah looked around with a confused face as she was following Mia, who made her way to the Pizzeria.

The smell of tomatoes filled the air. Mia smiled and waited her turn in line. She turned to Rebekah−who still had the same confused expression−and asked what she wanted to eat.

"I thought they only made pizza in Italy," Rebekah sighed, "I guess the pepperoni is fine."

Mia stepped up to the cashier and ordered two large lemonades, a plate of chicken wings, and a large pepperoni pizza.

The total came out to be $22.07 and luckily, she had some money hidden in the case of her phone. Mia took her receipt and dragged Rebekah to one of the tables.

As they sat, the Original was staring at Mia staring at her receipt.

"You're paying?" Rebekah asked.

Mia instantly looked up from the piece of printed paper and sighed, "It's not like werewolves can compel people."

She stuffed it inside her pocket and waited for the food. Rebekah slumped back in her seat and crossed her arms. Mia readjusted her position. She began to think of Klaus.

Why didn't he just kill me? Why did he take me?

Mia darted her eyes at Rebekah, "Where's Klaus?"

Rebekah smiled as the waiter placed their drinks and food on table. She took a piece of pizza and began eating it.

"Pizza's changed in the past years. It's more thick," She drank some of her lemonade and then glanced back over at Mia, "Nik's out turning more werewolves into hybrids ever since he found out Elena's blood was the solution."