Ch. 1 ↬ "Mystic Falls."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"I don't see why we have to keep moving," Danielle, the youngest of the Lennox, complained as she hauled the last of her bags in the car.

"We need to find Mom and Dad, that's why," Mia, the third youngest said, and rolled her eyes.

The two older sisters, Michelle and Zella sighed as they got into the two front seats.

"At it again," Michelle rolled her eyes and started up the car.

"As usual," Zella added, "Mia! Hurry up!"

"I'm right here," Mia was getting tired of them confusing the twins together.

"Oh, I thought you were Kara," Zella laughed, "you two look exactly alike."

Mia sent her a sarcastic smile and turned away, facing the window as she waited for her sister.

"I'm here, I'm here," Kara announced and got in the car, pushing Mia into the window in the process.

Mia shrugged it off and turned to Michelle, "what city are we going to next?"

Michelle pulled out the map with pen and pencil marks on it and observed it.

"Well, the last vampire we asked didn't have much information but," Michelle's eyes wondered the paper, "Mystic Falls. They said that's where they last were."

"Boring!" Kara yelled, "Let's go to Vegas. I've never been there."

"Are Mom and Dad in Vegas?" Mia asked, "No, they're in Mystic Falls. Maybe we'll get closer this time."

Kara slumped back in seat and folded her arms, "I don't understand why we keep looking for people who obviously don't want to be looked for."

Mia sighed, then looked around at her family and thought of how and what they've become. Kara and Michelle, vampires. Danielle, a witch, and Zella and Mia, werewolves. All of them with parents who keep running away from their own children. If anyone looked at them, they would think one happy family. But in actuality, they were desperate and broken.

She closed her eyes and yawned. We have a long day ahead of us, Mia thought.

▬ ▬ ▬

First chapter! I know it's kind of confusing and complicated, but you will find out more in the next few chapters!