Chapter 46 ↬ "Humans are sensitive."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"You actually compelled a serial killer to forget everything?"

Rebekah woke Mia up early in the morning to teach her how to properly feed on humans. Another day passed by of not seeing Klaus or Kol and Mia began to grow a little suspicious.

"When I saw him, I just wanted to know where the rings were. Then, when I got closer and he started talking, I–" Mia shook her head, "I wanted to rip his throat out with my teeth. To drain his blood and have him scream in pain while I watched him die at my hands."

"Well, you're a vampire with werewolf instincts. There's nothing wrong with killing."

"No– Rebekah– I was so angry. I felt it in my stomach, coursing through my veins and into my head. There was no sense, no consequences– just the need to have him die."

She started to make sense of what Mia was saying.

"And when Kol tried to provoke me even more, my anger channeled onto him," Mia went on, "I didn't want to hurt him. But in that moment it didn't feel wrong."

"You're overwhelmed," Rebekah concluded, "with vampires, it's all about the hunger. Since you've conquered that part of yourself, maybe your biggest challenge are your emotions. Kinda like a balance."

"You sure?"

"I'd like to think so," Rebekah smiled, "anyways– I'm going to properly teach you how to civil in public."

"Rebekah being civil?" Mia arched her brow, "did you just take the hunting job because there wasn't anything else interesting?"

"Make all the jokes you want. Feeding on humans is harder than it looks," She rolled her eyes, "you've got to make sure the person has got no vervain at all– necklace, watch.. And when you've latched onto them, it's difficult to not overdo."

Rebekah smirked, "humans are sensitive."

Mia shrugged her shoulders and let her hands fall to the sides, "sounds easy enough. Who's the first target?"

"Nik told us townspeople are off limits for now," Rebekah crossed her arms, "doesn't mean we can't hitch a ride somewhere else. To a public school, a restaurant– a place you'd visit so often."

"Why can't we stay in Mystic Falls?" She questioned, "Why hasn't Klaus come back?"

"He's back," Rebekah continued the conversation as they walked to her car, "Tyler Lockwood had wooden bullets pierce through his body yesterday. A vampire hunter is in town."

"Vampire hunter?" Mia clarified and shut the passenger door, "like Alaric? When he was human?"

"No. When vampires started to break loose, so did hell. Witches needed a way to kill the ones that weren't sane," Rebekah explained.