Ch.66 ↬ "Psychos are here in town again."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"What classes do you have for Tuesday?"

"English and yoga. It's my easy day. What about you?"

"Women's history and public health. I want to know how accurate their teachings are," Rebekah smiled and the girls laid down a picnic blanket to eat lunch together.

After Mia's return, she quickly jumped back into her reality. Rebekah and her were walking around the main campus before the first day so they wouldn't get lost. Their agendas were filled with midterm dates and finals– the girls were already stacked with assignments for the first two weeks.

Although the university experience was all about school, they couldn't help but gush over the freedom they had here.

Their own place, their own rules; they could attend as many to no parties if they want, the campus didn't make it feel like they were canned sardines. Rebekah was already excited over "club rush" week where she planned to join a sorority.

"You're seriously thinking of becoming a sister?" Mia raised an eyebrow, "you know that's like a cult– right? You're in there.. always and forever–"

"Now, don't bring that up please. You can't use my family's promise against me," Rebekah exhaled sharply, "it seems fun! I'd get to move in their huge mansion, have sleepovers, paint our toenails together–"

"–Perform late night rituals in the basement, pay thousands of dollars in rent, pay even more thousands of dollars to stay in the cult," Mia teased and had a half sandwich thrown at her, "I'm just saying.. You'd have to get along with your sorority sisters."

"What are you implying?"

"That not all girls are going to be like the ones in the movies. Come on– you've met Elena Gilbert," Mia picked up her fork and pretended to stab the air, "these girls might just dagger you in the back."

"You're just jealous because I'm gonna find other friends."

"Yes, I am," she laughed, "I'm kidding. I'm being protective."

"That's the least I need right now. I can't be controlled by anyone anymore. Even you."

"I get it, I get it," she backed off instantly and ate a chip, "how's living with Marcel again?"

As Mia was getting her stuff in place at their new home, she noticed the awkward reunion between Marcel and Rebekah. Mia didn't know much about him, but she knew he was considered "family." Putting her thoughts in an awkward and gross context.

"Simply splendid," Rebekah frowned a bit, "what I like about living here is that I don't have to be in the same place as him."

It had only been a few days since Mia has resided in New Orleans. Yet, she felt like she was in a tangled mess of history. She didn't have much knowledge of Klaus's past. Only his wrongdoings. The same goes for Rebekah and Elijah.