Chapter 10 ↬ "He's not joking."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara stood in front of this mirror, adjusting her dress and fixed up her hair. Her mother came into the room, carrying a white bow to put onto her daughter's hair.

"I've heard you fancy one of the Mikaelsons, "her mother smiled.

Kara laughed and shook her head, "Father arranged me to meet the Lockwood's son. I'm already promised fo another."

Her mother sighed and tied the bow, "you don't have to follow your father's orders. Do what your heart desires, love who you want to love."

Kara looked out the window, seeing Niklaus and Elijah talking to two merchants. She closed her window, and pulled the blinds together. It was best to keep her distance from both of them.

Kara stood applied the last of her makeup, smiling at her own reflection.

"You know, you're like two hours late to the party?"

Kara turned around and faced her older sister, Michelle.

"You know I don't care, right?"

Michelle sighed, "how long are you going to keep up this "twin sister" thing? What if Danielle, Mia, Zella and I find our parents? Then what?"

Kara picked up her purse and started her way out, "I guess I'll just have to deal with it when it comes by."

Mia and Danielle walked inside the house, smiling and waving at everyone. Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie stood to their left, not so far from them.

"Have you guys seen Tyler?" Caroline asked her friends.

Elena pointed over to him, talking amongst some people he knew, "Over there."

Caroline smiled and made her way over to her boyfriend. Damon came walking in, looking over his shoulder.

Elena ran up to him, catching his attention, "Alaric's at home, right?"

"Tucked in bed, safe and sound."

Elena sighed and nodded, eyeing Mia who was coming their way.

"Hey," She smiled. Elena smiled while Damon walked away.

"Sorry, don't mind him," Elena apologized.

"It's okay," Mia laughed, "how's your boyfriend, Stefan.. is it?"

To admit, Mia did feel a little bad for not helping her. If it were to be someone she loved, she would do anything.

"Aside from the fact I haven't been talking to him all summer, I just hope he's okay.. After everything we've been through, I know he's not completely gone."