Chapter 22 ↬"Mia Lennox."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Mia ran away, Kara is more pissed than ever, there's a hybrid in town, we almost died, and you want me to go buy groceries?"

Danielle stood in the middle of the living room, holding a list given by her older sister Michelle. Zella was cleaning up the house after coming back from a meeting with the school principal.

"Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do," Michelle said, "unless you want grapes and milk for lunch. Then go."

Danielle shook her head, "we should find Mia! That should be our top priority!"

She looked at the list and scoffed, "not worrying about tacos and−" She squinted her eyes, "Horchata?"

"It's really good, you should try it," Zella said as she threw away a few broken plates.

"It's like you guys don't care about Mia! Our family, our blood. We−"

"You really don't think we care?" Michelle asked, "Of course we do. We love her more than anything else in the world. But the moment we told her we wanted to stop looking for Mom and Dad, I knew that she would leave. And I accepted that."

Michelle shook her head, "I know how Mia feels about them. So I'm letting her do the search on her own."

The youngest sister darted her eyes to ground. Maybe I should think before talking, she thought to herself.

"Hey look," Zella called as she moved the couch a little. "It's a dead rat."

She held the rat hanging from its' tail and smiled. Michelle and Danielle both rolled their eyes and continued to argue with each other.

"Mia will die out there. She'll get killed. Maybe Kara will−"

"Do you have no faith in our own sister? Mia knows how to defend herself. As for Kara, I think they both settled their business with each other."

"Kara is a monster!" Danielle yelled, "I'm pretty sure she'll tear Mia into pieces as soon as she sees here."

"You don't know that. She has her humanity turned off. She could car−"

"Hey, kids look!" Zella held up a game board to stop the arguing, "Uno! Wanna play?"

Michelle looked around and saw that Zella was cleaning the entire time, not playing the slightest attention to the two of them. Zella didn't even seemed worried. In fact, she hasn't brought up Mia since the whole Klaus incident.

She must really have faith in her, Michelle thought to herself. She turned to Danielle, "if you don't want to buy the groceries, then I will."

She took the list from her younger sister and exited out the house. Danielle turned to Zella, who waved the board game in front of her face.