Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

"Why can't I just go home? I'll be fine."

Mia rested her head against the passenger seat of the car. After going through that shocking experience, she wanted to go back home to her semi-normal sisters. Also, she wanted time to think how she'd face Klaus again.

"Sorry, wolfie," Damon adjusted the rear view mirror, "Elijah's orders. He helped me. I owe him one."

"And we wouldn't want you running back to Klaus," Stefan added once more. Mia groaned and grew out her claws, scratching the side of his face.

"Ow! You–"

"Children!" Damon shouted again before pulling up to the driveway, "you two are not sleeping on the same floor tonight."

There two options in this situation; turn into a wolf and run away or bite both of the brothers and run away. They weren't good choices, but they were the only ones that came up.

"I need face wash and lotion," Mia closed the car door. She walked inside of the familiar house, "and a toothbrush. Clothes too."

Damon smiled and rolled his eyes, "you're our guest. Whatever you need."

He walked her towards a spare room, laying out some over-sized t-shirts, handed her a new toothbrush, and showed her the supplies of the bathroom.

"Thanks," she sighed and got ready for bed. Her mind wandered back to the Originals reunion.

Finn. long hair. Kol, Kara's boyfriend with good hair, Rebekah, apparently my acquaintance, Mia thought while washing and drying her face, and Elijah, my only Original friend.

What am I going to tell my sisters? She started to brush her teeth when Damon came into the view of the mirror.

"Listen," he leaned against the wall, "we need to get one question straight– whose side are you on?"

Mia didn't answer until she rinsed out her mouth, "no one's."

Damon flicked her forehead to prevent the girl from leaving the wash room, "there are sides in this world, Mia. Whose is it? Ours? Klaus? Elijah's?"

Mia pinched his nose harshly, moving him out of the door, "I'm on my side."

She wanted to change into the pajamas, but Damon was still in the room, "can you leave, please?"

"I won't look," his eyes shifted to the ceiling, "Klaus will probably decapitate me if I did. Remember our experience at the Grill? He didn't even want you near me."

"That doesn't mean anything," Mia began to change to the baseball jersey, "this has your last name on it?"

"Yeah, I played major for a few years," He made eye-contact once she was done changing, "if you're not on anyone's side, you'll have to choose one eventually."