Ch.60 ↬ "Enjoy the highway back to hell."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara spent the whole night looking through old notes Professor Shane had left behind. She combined them with some grimoires that were in her old collection to see if she can figure out a way to kill Silas without bringing down the other side. So far, there wasn't any luck.

Danielle returned back to Alecia's home for rehabilitation. After she was tortured so much by Silas that her mind left her body for a few days, she needed her right now. Seeing as Mia wasn't going to help her.

"Kara. Nice to see you," Katherine was in the living room talking to the Salvatore brothers. Her surprise visit put her on edge.

"Kat? Are you real?" Kara slapped Katherine's hand lightly and glanced at Stefan.

"It's her," Stefan rolled his eyes, "unfortunately.."

"Why are you here if Nik wants to kill you?"

Katherine smirked, "Klaus is gone. He left town and he won't ever be back."

"He wouldn't leave Mia–" Kara thought for a second, "okay, he would. But he wouldn't just suddenly stop tormenting everyone here."

"Let's just say I found a piece of information we needed to keep him out of our lives for good," she poured herself a cup of bourbon, "so.. Where's that doppelgänger of mine?"

Kara picked up her car keys from the counter to meet Rebekah at her house. She might know about Klaus's whereabouts and from what she heard of last night– Elijah lost sight of Mia.

"Are you heading to find Klaus or are you sticking around?" Stefan was leaning against Kara's car, "we need at least one ancient vampire with us."

"Are you worried I'm gonna abandoned you?" Kara teased, "what I'm more concerned about is him getting killed, which is very important to me."

"I thought you were a part of Kol's sire line?"

"..No," Kara didn't want to tell him the truth just yet, "no, sadly, no."

"Well, uh, before you go, I wanna thank you for all the hard work you've been doing these past days. With the whole dealing with Silas and helping Caroline with her prom dress–"

"Ohh, you!" Kara pointed her finger at Stefan, making him chuckle, "I'm never going to forgive you for that. Caroline's voice gives me earaches!"

"I've been caught up with Elena, I haven't had the time to appreciate your help. Even though you can get in that car, drive and never come back."

"A friend wouldn't do that," Kara smiled and placed her hand on Stefan's chest, "and if you will excuse me.. I have to find out where Nik took Mia."