Chapter 28 ↬ "Daddy issues."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Kara sighed as she walked out of her car, stepping towards the Salvatore residence. Her senses were telling her not to enter with all her might, but for once she ignored them and continued to walk. It was night fall by the time she arrived. Before she could reach the handle, the door opened and Kara faced one of her most disliked enemies– Elena Gilbert.

"Move," she pushed Elena off to the side and continued her way.

"What are you doing here?"

Ignoring Elena, Kara's eyes fixated on the blonde girl crying in the living room. She was clutching herself and sobbing, as if she had lost a certain someone in her life. Kara recognized the girl as the one who trapped her in the back of the truck– the same night when Mia bit and almost killed her; Niklaus's sister.

Kara smiled and poured herself a drink, "what's wrong?"

Elena, who continued to be ignored, called Damon and left the house so she wouldn't be mauled by two older vampires.

"I know you're not Mia," Rebekah wiped away her tears, "what are you doing here?"

"Was I trying to be her? I'm not welcomed at any other place and Stefan's my only friend here so–" She drank some liquor, "–I will be staying here."

"I wish Nik gave you some of your memories back. We were the best of friends."

Kara made a face, "I don't think we would be.."

"You gave up on finding her? Mia?"

"She tried to kill me," Kara rolled her eyes and made herself comfy on the couch, "why would I try to find her?"

"That's what family is for right? Always staying together– forever, no matter what?" Rebekah's tears started to form again.

She looked up at the poor, blonde girl and sighed, instead of answering her question she moved over to Stefan's room– closing the door and jumping on the bed.

"It's hot everywhere!" Mia was fanning herself as Klaus chuckled, they were making their way back into the car after turning another pack of werewolves into hybrids.

Their army consisted of over 50 members– enough to be protected. Mia noticed something off about them; they answered to every command and order that Klaus gave them, not out of fear but because they wanted to– which made Mia even more confused.

"Maybe there's a pack of wolves in Antarctica?" Klaus opened the door for her and smiled.

"Haha, funny," she sighed and took a seat in the car. Before Klaus got in, he received a call from Stefan. Mia was listening to their conversation.