Chapter 31 ↬ "Man of the hour."

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

☾ ⋆ ✵ ⋆ ☽

Following the turn of events yesterday, Mia returned back to her house and visited Mystic High with Michelle in order to compel the principle and re-register for classes. She wasn't completely sure if Klaus still wanted to use her as a leverage, but the friendship between the wolf and the Mystic Fall gang is being questioned.

Michelle and Mia pushed through the doubled doors of the school, "I just don't think they're going to stop being friends with you because of Kara. They might be cautious of you."

"That still worries me. Why would you be friends with someone you're anxious about?" Mia furiously strapped on her seatbelt after Michelle unlocked the car, "can you drop me off at her house? I'm going to ask Alaric if she's okay."

"They're not going to compel her to forget?"

Mia shrugged, "if I were human I wouldn't want to compelled either. Especially surrounded by all these vampires."

Passing through the small streets of Mystic Falls eased the two sisters's discomfort. Mia hasn't been thinking of her parents that often– due to the fact she was held hostage and killed an Original vampire– but it seemed fine by her.

She thought about what Kara said, saying that they didn't want to be found in the first place; she also thought about that night with Elijah and how he explained what they were really doing by running away.

"I visited this witch named Alecia, do you recognize the name?"

Michelle gripped the steering wheel as she sharply turned right, "I remember. She's Danielle's caretaker and the one that tried to compel me. Yeah."

Mia didn't say anything after– although she told Klaus she only wanted to find her parents, there was something in her that wanted all her memories back. She wanted to unsee Kara as her sister, remember that night she turned into a werewolf, and the night that their parents went missing. All of it; she wanted to remember all of it again.

"Here," her sister unlocked the car doors, "do you want me to wait or–"

"I'll just walk home," Mia looked out of the windows before opening the door, "it's still daytime. See you."

Really hope she's okay, Mia thought to herself and rang the doorbell of the Gilbert household. Really hope she doesn't open the door first either.

To her surprise, Alaric opened the door with a big sigh, "Mia?"

"Yeah," she even changed her eyes to the bright orange to prove that it wasn't her doppelgänger, "I just want to know if Elena was okay? After yesterday. Does she still remember it?"

Alaric nodded, "she and Damon had a long talk about Kara.. Elena's just a little tired of everything and that kidnapping surprised her," he smiled, "and not mad with you either. You can wipe that worrisome expression off."