Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"

Začít od začátku

The girl was holding herself, admiring the tied up horses. She's never come in close contact with any animals besides dogs and cats, so she kept a distance away from them.

"Ever seen one?"

Klaus caught a glimpse of Mia leaving out the back door by herself, he wanted to talk to her without anyone listening.

"Had one myself. My father chased me for a thousand years, the closest he ever got was killing my favorite horse. He took the edge of a sword and sliced the head off as a warning sign."

"Have you ever thought of coming to terms with him?" Mia questioned, "like talking to him from a distance in the same room?"

Niklaus pursed his lips, "my father is more complicated that– he's a bad guy."

Mia laughed at the last part, she was embarrassed at the choice of she words picked that night. Klaus didn't go on about his family or about the part, he was waiting for Mia to say something else. Such as making another joke about Kol or admit to what Damon was talking about. Mia was admiring the pet horse, still afraid of touching him.

Then, she bit her lip at the thought of speaking up, "Klaus. I want to know why you've been–" she shook her head, "–been so nice to me lately. Genuinely nice— giving me chocolates, checking up on me, buying me a dress, wanting me to meet your family."

"It's not noticeable? I fancy you," Klaus admitted right away.

"What?" Mia quickly started to turn red, "why? Why would you fancy me?"

All what Zella, Damon and Rebekah were saying was being confirmed.

"Who wouldn't?" Niklaus's eyes widened at Mia's sudden change in mood, "you're strong, you're beautiful, always filled with energy. You make me happier just by being in the same room."

The little wolf couldn't bare to make eye-contact with him. She couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry, Klaus, but there's someone else," Sage's face popped up in her head.

"Someone else?"

"Yes," Mia adjusted her dress while thinking, "his name is Sage Miller. He's a guy from school."

"Sage Miller," Klaus began to regret his words, "You're spoken for."

"If that means I'm taken, then yes. I'm spoken for," she stood up straighter to seem confident.

"A-and he thinks the world of you?" Instead of an angered, jealous feeling, Klaus began to feel weak and sorrowful, "loves to make you smile and imagines a future with you?"

"Future? Klaus, we're seventeen," Mia grew slightly annoyed, "I just met him–"

"If you just met him, you're not spoken for."

"No, but I like him, Klaus!" She yelled and heavily sighed.

"I like him, okay? I love to see him smile, love to share my jokes with him and hearing his laugh—And I don't need you to tell me how I feel, other people already do that enough," Mia crossed arms and walked back inside.

"I'm sorry about your horse!" She yelled before closing the door.

Klaus longingly looked at the door before shifting his eyes on the cold cement. He thought Mia felt the same, seeing as she grew closer to him each day, yet he thought wrong. Although she took interest in another man, Klaus's patience remains sane; he would wait for Mia, even if it would take forever.

Once Mia entered the ball room, she was flagged down by her sisters. They were all wearing equally beautiful gowns, hair and makeup done elegantly.