Chapter 35 ↬"I told you she's evil!"

Start from the beginning

"And the necklace?"

Her eyes wandered down to the crescent necklace, "it's special."

Niklaus was overjoyed that Mia took every gift of his to heart; her love was one of kind. The hybrid spun Mia around again before they switched partners.

"Now we can talk," Kol chuckled while Mia rolled her eyes, "I'm hurt that you rejected me."

"Sorry," she sarcastically apologized, "sorry that I declined to be a date for some guy I don't know."

"You do know me, Mia," he winked again as they danced, "You know of me."

"Yes. Known for stealing Kara away from her husband, what a great introduction."

"No one stole anything from anyone– by the way, where is she now? I'd like to meet her, not someone that looks like her."

"I don't know."

"She's your sister, isn't she? I heard Nik talking about your parents and her–"

"Don't," Mia didn't want Kol to talk about her family, "seriously."

"A little sensitive, aren't we?" He poked fun at Mia's annoyance, "You're a lot more fierce than she is."

"Stop comparing me to Kara."

"Your words, love," Kol grinned as Mia spun around once more to be partners with Damon.

"You look beautiful tonight," He commented, "dress, makeup, hair.."

She tried to come up with a good compliment for him, "I'd say you look handsome, but you look the same as always. Except your hair slicked back and you're wearing a tie."

"I'll just pretend you said— Damon, you always look hot," he looked and saw that both Klaus and Kol were staring at him, "you're here with Klaus."

Mia lightly chuckled at his previous joke, "not really. He gave me a dress and I just kinda showed up."

Damon titled his head towards his left where Stefan and Elena were dancing, "I taken you've chosen a side to fight on."

She didn't want to answer his question. Instead, she pretended not to hear.

"That tactic only works when we're not directly in front of each other," Damon laughed, "I told you it's nothing to be sorry over. You should know that Elena and Stefan are planning against you."

"Against me?" Mia whispered, "for what?"

"Even if you whisper, they can still hear," Damon imitated, "also– Esther wants to talk to Elena."

Too much information is going through my head, Mia thought, "for?"

"An evil, wicked plan," Damon spun her around, "I'm convincing her to not do it. Have fun, wolfie."

The waltz ended and her vampire friend went to go find Elena. She took a few steps to reach the sides of the ballroom, seeing Rebekah standing next to her brother, Kol.

Please don't talk to me, Mia said in her head. Oh my god, they're going to talk to me.

Rebekah went go talk to Matt as Kol started a conversation with Mia.

"Mia–"

"No."

She signaled him to stop talking and she went to go outside in the backyard. It was hot and humid, alongside the tension between two groups of people, Mia wanted to breath for a few minutes.