Chapter 34 ↬ "Klaus and his girlfriend."

Start from the beginning

"Damon–"

"And I'm not here to lecture you," he poked her shoulder. Mia stumbled onto the bed due to his heightened strength, "I'm warning you. I actually like you around, wolfie. You're the only one here with common sense and sanity."

She smiled at his words, "I guess sometimes I like having you around too. Your sarcasm lifts up my mood."

They shared a laugh before Damon looked towards the clock, "too bad wolves need their sleep. And if you do choose to be with that hybrid bastard.. no offense taken."

He walked out of the room and closed the door.

Mia exhaled loudly. Right when she thought life was going to be okay because she met Sage, the Universe had to bring back the Original family.

Sage, she reached out for her phone and began to call him. If there was something that stood out the most about him, it was his ability to make her laugh.

"Mia? You're not asleep?"

"No, I–" She played with loose strings of the blanket, "–my family's been driving me crazy. I just wanted a distraction."

Sage lightly chuckled, "I'll be here."

Bright and early the next morning, the Mikaelson family were enjoying their time together. Three of them sat at the breakfast table, enjoying the food their compelled chef made.

To Klaus's dreadful surprise, Bonnie and her mother were able to open the sealed casket. Esther, the Original witch, came back to life to join her children. Instead of killing her abomination of a son, she wanted to become a family again.

"I just can't believe it," Kol drank from the cup filled with human blood, "Kara is still alive. Honestly, I'd thought Nik would of killed her."

"For the last time, it's Mia who you saw last night," Rebekah rolled her eyes.

Him, Klaus, and Elijah were having a screaming contest last night about the Lennox doppelgängers.

"That girl you fell in love with is running around the world without a care. Don't bother chasing her."

"Yes, but–" He dreamily stared at the open windows, "after centuries of being daggered it was an honor seeing the face her. Waking up to see the only woman I've loved? Not in the right way and not the right woman, but–"

"Shut your mouth, Kol," Klaus interrupted with a scornful expression, "now I remember how annoying you are."

"What's her name again?" Kol got up, disregarding what his older brother said," Mia Lennox? She goes to your school, Bekah?"

He looked at himself in the mirror, "you reckon I pass as a high schooler?"

Klaus slammed his hand on the table, causing Kol to smirk at his aggressiveness.

"Stop fighting, Niklaus," Esther walked into the kitchen, "Kol doesn't mean any harm."

She eyed him. Kol shrugged and went off somewhere else. Rebekah excused herself to get ready for the day while Finn entered the room.

"Who's this Mia?" Esther poured herself a cup of herbal tea, "why do you think so highly of her?"

"Someone special," Klaus kept his words to a minimum. Every move his mother would make added onto his anxiety.