Chapter 32 ↬ "You are pissing me off."

Start from the beginning

"That was a long explanation, I wasn't listening to most of it. But yeah– Elena basically guilt tripped you into helping her. You should've left her for dead."

"Zella!" Mia yelled and poked into her older sister's side, "no one deserves that.."

"I could think of a couple people that deserve exactly that," she joked and turned over to her side, "Mia. You got into this mess when you weren't suppose to. And don't feel bad if you have to take sides. Honestly, is there even a villain here?"

"Kara," she quickly answered, "and Mikael."

"Yeah except they're long gone now, so," Zella shrugged, "I'm not exactly a fan of Klaus or Elena. It's whatever to me."

Mia exhaled, "you sound like such a caring sister."

Zella flicked her younger sister's forehead, "we've been protecting you from too much. You're almost eighteen-years-old so you've got to do your own things now. And not for your sisters, parents, or so-called friends,"

She cupped Mia's face, "for Mia."

For Mia. She's never once thought for herself, it was always on the behalf of others. And that was also part of the reason why she could never fully convey her feelings.

"Wait.. didn't you have school today?" Zella got up to check the calendar– Monday.

"I would rather spend time with my sister," Mia laughed and sat up, "how about we watch some movies?"

In an instant, Zella rushed over towards the television, "I've been really wanting to watch Heathers!"

As the school day passed and day turned into night, the two bonding sisters were cuddling together as they fell asleep during the movie. Mia woke up by the a loud ringing near her ear.

"Ugh," she groaned as she realized it was her phone and to her fate, Klaus called.

"Mia, you haven't been around all day I was wondering something got to you," Klaus said through the phone. He was attending the Founder's party, "I called to check on you."

"I'm fine," she yawned and looked around the dark house. Michelle and Danielle didn't even bother to turn any lights on, "what are you up to?"

"Seems like Stefan wants to play a game. I'm taking part in it. No need to fear for your friends– I'll send my message another way."

"What?" Mia squinted her eyes, "what game?"

"An eye for an eye kind. He'll continue to kill my hybrids until I send them away. I've talked to Damon and got through."

Mia's fingers tightened around the case of her phone, "I don't want anyone to die."

There were additional voices heard from the line before Klaus answered, "you have my word, little wolf. Be careful tonight, I'll come by to visit."

She stayed on the line until he hung up, then walked towards the wall to connect her charger.

"Was your boyfriend on the line?" Zella revealed to be awake the whole conversation, "be careful tonight, love. Mwuah mwuah muwah, I'll visit you and protect you, hugs and–"

"You are pissing me off," she picked up and throw pillow to launch it, "I'm gonna go outside."

"He said to be careful," she folded her hands on top of her torso, "you're not going to listen?"

"I want to go out," Mia opened the door, "for Mia. Remember?"

Zella lightly sighed, "by some dinner while you're at it. I'm starving."