Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."

Start from the beginning

"Nobody cares about you, boy!" Mikael yelled, "who will you have after she dies? Huh? Only those with loyalty you've forced?"

"Klaus–" Mia cried as the man who held her tightened his grip.

"Klaus, kill him! Don't listen to him, just kill him!" Her feet were hanging from the ground and she couldn't breath.

"No one.. Niklaus," Mikael taunted, "no one cares about you.."

A single tear slipped from Klaus's eye as those words pierced through his heart, "I'm calling you bluff, Father. If you kill them you will have no leverage against me. So kill them. Kill them!"

Mia was on the brink of death when she heard what Klaus said– her ability to speak was restricted and she only had one other option.

Her eyes began to glow a bright orange as she wrapped her legs around the man's arm, breaking it and becoming free, her claws grew out again as she snapped his neck.

She stayed on the floor trying to grasp her breath. Mikael sighed in disappointment, stabbing Elena in the stomach and letting the girl fall to the ground.

"Your impulse will forever be the death of you."

In shock, Klaus stood still as he saw Mia coughing for air. Damon sped towards him with the wooden stake– successfully driving it near his heart. Unexpectedly, Stefan emerged from the shadows and lunged towards his brother, pinning him down onto the ground.

Mia– after catching her breath– ran for the white oak and jumped towards Mikael, who was distracted by the fact Elena was played by Katherine. With all of her might, she made sure that his heart wasn't missed by the wood.

"AHH!" Mikael screamed as he was catching on fire, falling onto the ground until his death.

Klaus, who was watching his father perish, stood up from the ground and walked closer, next to Mia. He turned towards Stefan, who was still pinning Damon down.

"What the hell did you do!?" Damon scowled at him.

"He's earned his freedom," Klaus said and gestured for the younger one to come, "thank you, my friend. You no longer have to do what I say."

Stefan's worries were gone, he was finally released for his mental imprisonment was free to go home. For Mia, she stood still as she watched the burning corpse before her; she couldn't believe what she was capable of– no matter if they were human or a supernatural, there was an immense guilt to be felt when she killed someone.

Klaus called for her, but her loud sobbing distracted her. He appeared next to Mia– eyeing the waterfalls that came from her eyes; instead of comforting her with words, he gently pulled her into a hug. Mia continued to cry into his chest, snuggling more into him so she wouldn't have to see Mikael's body.

Kara gasped as she woke up. Her body ached 
and she felt terribly thirsty, she looked around at her surroundings– even if it was dark, she recognized the environment as the trunk of a car.

"Fuck!" She yelled as she kicked the door open, her mind was filled with only angry and one goal. Kara looked around to find someone– anyone– to feed on; to her luck, some campers were nearby.

There was a family with a small dog with them; nonetheless that didn't stop her from hunting them, even the children. For once she showed mercy, leaving them barely alive to be found the next morning dead.

Before she started walking, she tried to remember what happened; talking to Damon, the doppelgänger twig showed up, and he stabbed her. Her blood began to boil at the thought of being taken down by some amateurs.

"Idiots," she smirked and sped towards the Salvatore house. Damon and Elena were arguing in the living room, luckily no one else was there. Kara showed up in front of them– prepared and ready.

"Mia?" Elena glanced at Damon and walked towards her friend, "Damon said you kill–"

Kara didn't hesitate to grab Elena and throw her across the room. She sped towards Damon and had him cornered against a wall.

"How are you alive, you evil bitch?" He struggled to say with her hands tied around his throat.

"Your worst mistake," she snapped his neck and sighed. The old vampire took Elena's phone out of her pocket and kicked her over.

"Poor, human Elena," Kara picked her up and walked towards the exit, "they try to keep you alive just so you put yourself in danger."

The next morning, Mia woke up in a car with her eyes swollen. She looked around, seeing that she was in the back of a loading dock for trucks. Her mind was in a jumble trying to recollect last night's memories.

At last, Mia pulled away from Klaus's grasp with makeup running down her cheeks. She tried to wipe it off before he saw, but Klaus grabbed her hands and smiled.

"Lets get you upstairs," He signaled for his hybrids to kick everyone out of the house and led Mia up. She washed her face and changed into a nice pair of pajamas, then walked towards an empty bedroom. There was a strong fatigue that took over and she instantly lost all remaining energy.

Klaus opened the door and glanced in, he noticed that she was still awake and sat down on next to her.

"Mia," he said as she opened her eyes, "you killed my father."

The little wolf met his gaze for the first time since they have met– his eyes were filled with both sadness and thankfulness, a look that made her feel somewhat happier.

"Because.." She tried to look for an explanation that made sense aloud, "because.. for a minute you didn't seem like the bad guy. When he was yelling at you, telling you that you were going to be alone.."

Klaus stared deeply while waiting for her to go on, but Mia said nothing, "and who did I look like? The good guy?"

"No," she shook her head, "just a person who was broken. And when I realized that, I needed to do something about Mikael. I didn't mean to kill him, though," tears started to form once more, "I'm sorry, Klaus–"

"It's okay, love," he placed his hand on top of her forehead, "it's okay. Tomorrow we're leaving early after we find Rebekah. You're going to meet my family."

Mia faintly smiled and closed her eyes– for now, all she wanted was to sleep. Klaus got up from the bed and walked away, a sentiment of joy starting to form inside his heart again.