Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."

Start from the beginning

"I wasn't doing anything–"

"You were doing something that Klaus wouldn't like."

She groaned, "whatever. Stop following me," Mia started to make her way inside.

Damon was there, dragging Tyler into a private room. Unsurprised by his actions, Mia's feet followed them in.

"Hey!" She saw Tyler's eyes glow orange and his fangs out– her claws grew in and Mia grabbed Tyler off of Damon, then lunged towards him to knock him out.

Bonnie appeared later, eyes wide at the doppelgänger who she mistook as Kara.

"What the hell is that?" Mia looked at the carved wooden stake that was on the ground.

"Nothing– what are you doing here, wolfie?" Damon pocked it up and slid the stake inside his jacket.

"I would say the same thing for you, but I already know what you're doing," she whispered so she wouldn't attract anyone, "you're crazy."

"It's going to work," Bonnie shot back, "if you don't get in the way."

"It won't work even if I do get in the way! You don't know what he's capable of!"

"Stop arguing!" Damon whispered-yelled, "we have to get out of here, Bonnie. Listen wolfie, I know we have our differences but please– this is a chance to save Stefan."

"Ugh," she was tired of being confused and conflicted between whose side to be on. Mia showed herself outside the room only to face an empty building.

"Hello, Niklaus."

Mia marched towards the front of the room, hiding herself behind the corner of a wall. Klaus stood there– facing his sworn enemy.

"Hello, Mikael. Why don't you come in? Oh, that's right. I forgot. You can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want."

"Or I can watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb."

The werewolf sensed the army of hybrids gather up in the front and a couple more walk inside the house. She grasped the edge of the wall tighter– if anything happened, she wouldn't know who to save.

"They can't kill me."

"But it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is snap my fingers and they'll pounce," Klaus's devilish smile began to show.

"The big bad wolf. You never change, still hiding behind your play things. They may be sired by you but they're still part vampire– I can still compel them."

One of the girls that Klaus had in his army showed up by Mikael's side and handed him a struggling Elena.

"Go ahead and face me Niklaus. Or she dies."

Klaus laughed, "go ahead. Kill her–"

"N-No Klaus! He'll do it," Elena pleaded for her life.

"If I kill her then you can't make more of them," Mikael looked over at the army, "no more abominations."

"I don't need them, I only need to get rid of you," Klaus snarled.

"To what end? So you can live alone with no one by your side?" Mikael questioned, "all alone.."

Abruptly, Mia felt someone pull her harshly again– it was another compelled supernatural that Mikael caught. He grabbed Mia by the neck in a position that you would do only to snap it. Klaus turned around, feeling his heart skip a few beats; he didn't plan for Mia's safety.