Chapter 29 ↬ "Poor human Elena."

Start from the beginning

"You decided to show?"

Mia turned around and saw Stefan– all dressed up in his suit and tie– staring at her. She didn't know whether or not to be herself or Kara, so she just smiled.

"I know it's you, Mia," he shook his head, "it was obvious Kara was going to bail as soon as she got sucked into this mess."

Out of relief, she stopped holding her breath, "I didn't really have a choice to stay. I'm a hostage."

"Seems like he's taking a liking to you," Stefan commented. When Mia was about to ask about Elena, she heard the band stop playing and Klaus's voice talking into the microphone.

"Good evening everyone! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming," Klaus's eyes met with Stefan in a long gaze from across the yard.

Mia began to grow nervous again and walked away, going towards the hybrid from behind the stage.

"Klaus–"

He grabbed her by the shoulders to calm her down, "don't worry, little wolf. You're going to be fine and so will your friends– as long as they abide by the rules," a smile appeared and he sped away.

She didn't know what to do anymore; make a break for it and go home, avoid the situation? Or find Elena and tell her everything? Either option resulted in her head being decapitated.

"Mia."

The wolf turned around and saw Danielle. They both ran to each other, embracing their warmness.

"I don't know what to do. Do I tell Elena, do–"

"No," her younger sister took her hand, "everything is.. everything is going to pan out fine. This isn't and shouldn't be your problem," she squeezed it tightly, "I think you should go find Elena and tell her hey."

Sometimes Danielle foresaw the future and Mia hoped that this time, she was right again. She nodded in agreement and went to find Elena in the crowd of people. It wasn't hard– as soon she stepped out from the stage, the brunette teenager was walking down the steps. Mia called out for her attention.

"Mia," Elena gasped and widened her eyes, "I honestly thought he killed you."

"I found my way around it."

"I'm sorry–"

"You don't have to do that," she shook her head, "I wanted to help you and this what I got so.."

The two awkwardly smiled and stood in silence. Elena didn't want to warn her of what was going to happen and neither did Mia, but with the heart of gold she had, the wolf went on.

"I already know what you're doing tonight," She grabbed Elena's arm and began to whisper, "there are dozens of hybrid here– protecting, watching, and waiting for Klaus's orders. Don't. Mess. Up."

"Oh my god," Elena sighed and looked around. The people she didn't recognize were all supernaturals from around the country, some hiding behind the trees and others in plain sight, "okay, but the plan–"

"Klaus isn't stupid. He's a million steps ahead of you," Mia turned to see Klaus talking to Tyler– probably warning him like she was doing, "you just have to be prepared for anything."

"What is he planning? Mia–"

Their conversation was stopped when a guy placed his hand on Mia's shoulder– he was one of the hybrids and her personal watcher.

"I'm sorry Mia, but you're going to have to talk to someone else for now," he said and pulled her away. She turned to her friend with a frown, mouthing sorry, and was dragged onto the dance floor.