Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."

Start from the beginning

At first, Katherine wanted to drink from her, but unknowingly to her the girl she wanted to prey on was an older vampire. They reconciled and became friends after learning about each other's past– Katherine keeps tabs on what Kara is doing, just in case there was a mess to clean up. And just in case Kara suddenly wanted to turn her back on her.

Even if Kara's feelings weren't all the way there, she knew she could have faith in Katherine.

"What is Ms.Radford doing all the way back here?" Katherine faked a gasp and brought her hand over her mouth, "what other kind of evil is she up to?"

"No evil," the waitress set down two pasta plates for the ladies as Kara replied to her friend, "just visiting my parents."

"Oh," Katherine ate some of her food, "are you trying to find your humanity?"

"No–" She laughed, "–just bored. Mia has been taken and held hostage by Klaus, Stefan's humanity is turned off and he's a bit preoccupied by his compulsion, and my so-called sisters probably have a plan to kill me."

Kat sighed in disappointment, "no matter how many times I tell you to plan ahead, you continue to be the same impulsive Radford I know."

"How was waking up Mikael? Wasn't it scary?" Kara asked. She already knew the plans that her and Damon had because she too kept tabs on her friend.

"Huh," she smirked, "he only drinks vampire blood– I was done for. At least he kept me alive."

"What are you doing?"

"We're gonna kill him– Klaus, I mean."

Kara stopped herself from eating and straightened up for her position, "what? Kill Niklaus? That's not possible, you're–"

"We've found ways around it," Katherine wiped off some leftover pasta sauce from her mouth with a napkin and stood up, "maybe you'll see for yourself back in Mystic Falls. I'll see you soon, old friend."

"Katherine– think about what you are doing," Kara called out, "it's Niklaus."

"Don't worry, I always survive in the end," Katherine scoffed, "don't tell me you still love him?"

For a second, Kara thought about it. She did fall in love with him while she was human; the first man she ever fell for, however, there was always Kol.

"I'll see you back in Mystic Falls, Kat."

Klaus and Mia were roaming the streets of New Orleans, looking at all the street art and culture that developed through the years. They stopped for some street drinks, Mia bought a keychain, and Klaus took his time explaining abstract paintings.

"So, what is this place? Your town? Your reign?" Mia sipped on the mango smoothie he got her, "what's so special?"

"A bit like that," Klaus chuckled and they stood off to the side, looking at the dancers, "I lived here a long time ago. We called it home for years."

"Why'd you leave?"

"The same reason– my father was coming after my siblings and I."