Chapter 27 ↬ "I could use company."

Start from the beginning

"He's moving– Beacon Hills, California right now. I think he's following the trails of your pact.."

Klaus furiously sighed and rubbed his forehead, "fucking hell.."

Mia– shocked and confused– stayed in her place and stared at the ground as Klaus walked outside. She could feel Alecia shift her eyes.

"You look just like her.. doppelgängers always creep me out."

The werewolf finally locked eyes and furrowed her eyebrows, "you know Kara?"

"Know her? Of course. I know Danielle too, Zella, and you.."

"What? How? I didn't know you existed until today."

Alecia chuckled and started to clean up, "thanks. It's a long story that I can't really tell you."

"I already know what Kara did and– yeah. Everything," Mia crossed her arms and relaxed back into the couch.

"Well, you don't know everything," she said and looked at the doppelgänger, "you still only remember her as your twin sister right?"

Suspicious, Mia nodded her head, "right.."

"Years ago, after you broke your werewolf curse, Kara brought you to me. She re-compelled you to have you think that she was your twin sister and your parents left you guys," Alecia explained, "she did that to Zella and Danielle as well. Michelle was the only one that I couldn't completely compel because of her strong mind.."

She rolled her eyes at the failed compulsion, "it won't go away unless you either die or I undo it."

Mia sighed and threw her head back, facing the wooden ceiling above. The life she lived was all a lie; there was no twin sister, no neglected childhood, and maybe her real name wasn't Mia– she couldn't make sense of anything.

"You good?" Alecia asked the quiet girl, she was concerned that this information was ruining her innocence, "if you want to undo–"

"It's okay," she shook her head and started to make her way towards Klaus, "thank you for telling me this. Have a good day."

Mia saw that her hybrid companion was sitting on top of tree stump, staring off into the distance. His eyes were blank and he didn't know what to do.

"Hey," she lightly punched him on the arm. Please don't kill me for doing that, please.

"My life consists of my father and mother trying to kill me, my siblings and I running away from them, and I trying to find loyal friends to be with," he sighed and looked down, "it's a never ending problem."

"Yeah–" Mia glanced at him, "but I hope that they'll be solved. You know, you do live forever so.. You're going to find your peace. Hopefully.

She felt awkward giving advice to a person who was over a thousand years old.

Klaus let out a small laugh at her awkwardness– not only the awkwardness but her nervousness as well. She was trying to comfort him and be calm at the same time.

"And you? When are you going to find your peace?"

"Uhh, I dunno.. Maybe once a psychotic hybrid releases me from imprisonment?" Mia joked, "I-I want to find my parents.. Just to see them once more and let them know that I'm okay.. After that I'll be fine."

He titled his head out of curiosity, she was asking for such a simple action for years of closure, "that's all? You don't want to know more about Kara or what she's done to you and your sisters?"