Seijoh Hospital (Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Makki, Mattsun)

Oikawa as a physician

Iwaizumi as a tech

Hanamaki as a nurse

Matsukawa as a therapist

"Will I be okay, Oikawa-san? I won't die, right?"

"No, miss, you won't die from a... paper cut. But your sprain from last week is healing so don't push yourself, okay?"

"Thank you, Oikawa-san!"

With a bright smile, he waved his last patient away before sighing, tousling his brunette hair. "Haru-san, please keep Mira-san's file in my office. Thank you." The said nurse eagerly took the file from Oikawa's hands and inhaled it when he wasn't looking. She skipped away with a wide smile as soon as Hanamaki waltz in.

"She was smelling the file again."

"I know but I wasn't holding it for that long so I'm not bothered. Hopefully she's not the type to steal my lab coat and inhale it—wait..."

Hanamaki patted the lad's shoulder. "Must be hard being popular. Fighting."

Oikawa glared. "I hate you."

"Likewise, Mr. Popular."

"Thank you so much, Dr. Iwaizumi." A pregnant woman walked out of Iwaizumi's room and was accompanied by a boyfriend or spouse with her. Iwaizumi followed after and smiled as she is out of sight.

"Iwa-chan, what's the gender?" Oikawa reverted back to his old self.

"Why should I tell you? Mind your own business." He deadpanned in which Oikawa responded with, "So mean!"

"Girl?" Hanamaki asked.

"Yep." Iwaizumi chuckled, "she's a cute one. 4 months to go until she's born."

"Oikawa-san, another patient is coming in." A nurse called out.

"Duty calls. Don't miss m—"

"No, we won't." they both replied.

"Again, that's so mean!" he cried. Turning around, he huffed away and went inside the consultation room.

Hours later, the young doctors rested in the cafeteria still wearing their lab coats but was off-duty for a few hours. Matsukawa, their another member, dragged his feet to the table and let out a long lazy sigh.

"How's therapy with Nakamoto-san? Is he remembering?" Hanamaki offered coffee.

"He's so talkative while doing therapy. He keeps babbling how his granddaughters are single and doctors like me are suitable for them. I can't do anything but smile and went along with it. I couldn't tell him I was gay." He drank the coffee.

"It's not like he'd drop dead if he knows." Iwaizumi sipped his.

"Besides, I don't think he knows the word gay. He's, what, 78 years old. At that age, they don't need therapy anymore."

"What? Nakamoto is 34 years old, you boob."

"Wait, he's 34 and he has granddaughters?"

"I am confused."

"Ya'll are dumb. I was talking about Nakamoto Hiro; the old man in room 19. He has dementia. The Nakamoto you refer to was Yuta, 34 years old, who couldn't walk." Matsukawa explained.

Their mouths formed into an O.

"How's your day going, Makki? Any fussy patients so far?"

"Don't even start," he rubbed his face in frustration. "Words can't describe how I feel when that patient from room 49 at the second floor tried to kill herself because she was abandoned by her boyfriend. It took us hours to calm her down. I had to sedate her when she's out of control."

"Imagine thinking your life depends on your partner and you feel like you're nothing without them. That's... sick and sad."

"Which brings to me. I'm scheduled to see her tomorrow. You got the meds ready for her, right?" all turned to Oikawa.

"Of course. Whenever you need me, Mattsun."

Oikawa turned to Iwaizumi. "At least you're doing okay. Anything from today, Iwa-chan?"

"Yeah, I wrote down everything that happened today – 16-year-old named Kari got pregnant and she demanded for an abortion. I told her to give it time since she's still in panic mode. 3 pregnant women came but unfortunately, one mother had a miscarriage. And also, I had to tell 4 people about their brain scanning results; 2 of them are having brain cancer. One is 45 and the other one is only 12..." closing his notepad, he chugs down his coffee. "I hate the look on her parents' face. Stage 3. She's only 12 yet her life shortens."

"Sometimes I wonder if being a doctor was a brilliant idea. I mean, look at us. We get sad at the end of the day and sometimes cry for our patients. Is it worth it?"

"Yes, because we get to save their lives—"

"And watch them smile as they are not sick anymore. Who says jobs should be easy? Being a doctor requires mental and emotional strength, patience, and determination. We may not be volleyball players anymore but at least we're doing something good. Not just for us but for others who need us."

"Makki's right. Let's celebrate. For tomorrow and days after." Oikawa stood up, 2 coffee cups in his hand holding it like it is beer.

"Oikawa, sit down. This is not a pub." Iwaizumi said.

"But iwa-chan, it's not fun to celebrate while sitting down. No wonder you're lonely and have no friends."

"I'LL KILL YOU, SHITTYKAWA!"

This sucks but oof I am baccccckkkkkk~ I know I said I'm stopping haikyuu one shots but I thought if I'm bored and felt like writing one shots, I should continue Haikyuu instead. I won't update as much like I used to unless I have requests to do for you.