With Him || Akaashi Keiji

Requested by silevein. She wants an isolated reader who, for the first time, felt comfortable with the one and only Akaashi.

+ sorry i was late on the update again

To (f/n), everyone is the same - people come and go out of your life and never stayed that long even when they said they will. She hates when people lied to her making false promises such as that and isolated herself from everyone before she gets hurt. This is all started from primary school. Basically she had a friend whom she trusted dearly and they ended up not liking her because unknown reason. Until today, she never knew why people grew disinterested in her. Did she bore them? Did the way she speaks sounds weird? Maybe it's her looks?

Either way, no one stayed longer enough to be called (f/n)'s friend. Everyone was temporary.

Her high school life was never bothered. Never get bullied or no one acknowledged her. They passed by her like she didn't even exist. But she didn't mind. After all, that's what she wanted.

Until a certain boy came across her; Akaashi Keiji. He has not realized her presence until Bokuto brought it up.

"That girl comes here every day, does she? You think she's waiting for someone?" Bokuto asked, even though no one answered him back.

But the managers decided to answer later. "I only heard this but her cousin used to be in the volleyball's team."

"So? What does that got to do with-"

"I think they're trying to say that this girl could be missing her cousin and comes here to relieve memories." Akaashi explained.

"But she's always alone. I never see her with friends or anybody." Bokuto pouted. "She's cute but there's something about her I find lacking."

"Like?"

"Maybe... she doesn't smile a lot? Though I've never seen any expression she's giving but she never smiled. Or laugh. I don't think she knows what emotions are."

Akaashi stared at his senior. "Bokuto-san, I suggest you do not stick your nose into her life; she wouldn't like it."

But the senior didn't budge and turned to his junior. "Akaashi, you go talk to her!" He encouraged.

Akaashi frowned a bit. "Bokuto-san, what could I do? Either way, she will never acknowledge anyone, let alone me. What could I possibly do?"

The setter didn't want to do it, at all. He was planning to ignore and pretend nothing happened if it wasn't for his pushy senior who pulled off the sad eyes, he wouldn't be in this situation. After a while, he gave up and decided to face (f/n) once and for all. Whatever to make Bokuto happy and shut up.

"Excuse me," he spoke up, earning her attention. His expression stayed emotionless. "I didn't want to bother you but my senior pestered me to come to you and ask what's wrong." She didn't respond and shrugged, looking back at her notebook. Akaashi sighed looking back at Bokuto who motioned for him to 'go on'. Turning back to (f/n), he said again, "We noticed you come here often. If you're looking for someone, I can help you find-"

"I'm not looking for anyone. I'm just here because it's better than being out there," she began to stand up. "But if my presence bothers you then I'll leave."

"It's not like that. Sorry, I made you misunderstood. I'm Akaashi." He introduced.

For the first time, (f/n) puts on a small smile and chuckled. "You're a smooth guy, Akaashi. Well, since you're being nice, I'll give you my name; (f/n) (l/n)." She starts packing her stuff and bowed her head. "After this, I don't want you coming to me again. Otherwise, we both will get hurt."

Before he could say anything, she left the gym without looking back. Akaashi's mouth formed into an O shape watching her figure leaving until an arm wrapped itself around his neck.

"I take that as she's not coming back here anymore?" Bokuto asked, looking at where she left.

Pulling away from Bokuto, he sighed, "Resume practice, Bokuto-san. By the way, you smell."

"We all smell, Akaashiiiiii~!"

~*~

"I thought I said not to see me anymore.." Was the first thing (f/n) said when Akaashi joined her at the school's park during lunch break. He coincidentally (or so) found her alone and decided to eat with her. He shrugged at her and looked down at her lunch set.

"Sashimi and salad? That's an unsual set." He commented, although not to offend her. Rather, he was a bit worried that was all she was going to eat.

She looked down at her lunch set and snorted. "Tell me about it. Mom made it for me 'cause she was running out of time. She wouldn't let me do my own."

"How come?"

"Cause I don't make them," she quietly answered. "I don't make lunch and just sit out here admiring the scenery."

"At least your mom cares about you..." He didn't missed the relaxed look on her face being alone, with no one to make her laugh. She was just.. sitting here alone. How can she stand it?

"There are different kinds of care; friendly care, loving care and pretend care. My whole life, people cared about me half-heartedly. They say they do but in the end, they ditch you. That just shows humans are crueler and they should be called heartless instead of animals. At least animals have hearts."

"True," for once Akaashi agreed and leaned back with the support of his hands behind him. "Humans tested projects on animals and keeping wild animals in cages when they should be free. Humans are cruel but not this human," he referred to himself as he looked into her eyes. "You may not trust our own kind but there are some who truly cares about you. Some who would be there for you and comfort you as you cry. If you rather have a dog or cat comforting you, I won't mind becoming one. As long as I will not hear those words in despair."

Brushing her hair behind her ear, he leaned closer so their noses were touching. "You have someone who loves you too, you know.." he whispered before kissing her nose. Pulling away, he watched her silently crying. She threw herself in his arms and sobbed on his chest. He put his face in her hair and kissed the side of her neck before tightly holding her. Hearing her cry makes him happy because he knows after this;

She was never going to isolate herself from anyone, including him, anymore.