Iwaizumi Hajime (2)

requested by @peachypxnda  

it has been weeks since (Name) died.

iwaizumi couldn't believe it – it happened so fast. until now, he can't accept the fact she was gone and is never going to come back anytime soon. she was in heaven. she's with God who decided to take her away from the world.

iwaizumi thought it was cruel for God to take his lover away. he knew she isn't coming back. she isn't.

Going back to the corner where I first saw you

Gonna camp in my sleeping bag I'm not gonna move

Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand

Saying, "If you see this girl can you tell her where I am?"

(Name) and iwaizumi first met at the train station. her pass wouldn't work at the machine so she couldn't go through. she was short of money so she couldn't buy a ticket to catch a train. behind her was iwaizumi who was in a hurry to college. he thought 'what took her so long?' when he sees how troubled she looked. she moved out of the way and sighed exasperatedly and ran her fingers through her hair. she took out her phone and iwaizumi remembered she said, "(friend's name), i'm sorry. i can't make it to the party. my pass wouldn't let me go through and the taxi is expensive so..." she paused as her friend spoke. "really? you don't mind? thank you so much. happy belated birthday, (friend's name). good night." she hung up and iwaizumi stood there watching her.

iwaizumi decided to approach her. "miss, do you need help?"

she turned to him and faked a smile, half upset. "no, it's fine. my stupid pass does this all the time. i'm short of money too. my night is the worst."

he scratched his head as he blushed, handing her his pass. "you can come after me and you'll make it to the party."

her eyes went big. "i-i can't, sir. it'd be a burden to you if i-"

"i insisted but you turn me down immediately like as if i'd do something bad to you," that silenced the girl. he sighed, "calm down. i'm just heading to college for my night class and if you really want to attend the party, might as well come with me."

"o-okay," she finally agreed and iwaizumi let her pass first, him after. "thank you, umm..."

"iwaizumi hajime."

the girl blushed, "(surname) (name). thanks so much for helping me."

Some try to hand me money, they don't understand

I'm not broke - I'm just a broken-hearted man

I know it makes no sense but what else can I do?

How can I move on when I'm still in love with you?

iwaizumi remembers how he watched after she walked out of the train at her stop. she'd look behind her and waved at him giving him goosebumps and fast-beaten heart. she'd mouthed him a 'thank you' and that's when he fell in love.

it was your smile and tenderness that he loves.

on the day you two first met, he'd visit the same station and relieved the memories watching every citizens went pass the machine to catch their train. he'd see two faded people talking to each other every morning to meet-up and laugh at anything the other person said. when the station was nearly empty, he rode the train and stopped by your university.

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet

And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street

after she died, iwaizumi believed she was still beside him. he felt her presence at the time his tears shed. when he mumbles her name, that's when he felt two hands on his shoulders and a light pressure on it. (Name) does that when he felt stress and he'd feel at ease when she massages him. he loves her so much. how could fate rip them apart?

his old mates came to visit him 3 days after her death. his house was trashed, photo frames crashed and more crashing sounds coming from the kitchen. 3 of his ex-classmates rushed to him and calmed him down.

"iwa-chan! calm down! don't do this to yourself!" oikawa would say and held his best friend from behind. oikawa was a crying mess but he stayed strong and bit his lip from sobbing as he watched his friend went out of control.

"think about (Name), iwaizumi! she never wanted you to do this!" hanamaki firmly hold iwaizumi's shoulder and small tears shed.

"please, don't try to kill yourself... we love you, iwaizumi. i mean that." matsukawa croaked, sniffing as he wiped his nose.

iwaizumi wanted to die that night. he took multiple pills and swallowed them but oikawa managed to gagged him and he threw up.

it took him a long time to calm down and not attempt suicide. a few months later, he was in therapy. it didn't help. every therapists he sees tells him the same thing; '(Name) wouldn't be happy if you kill yourself,' 'you have a life ahead of you,' 'come and talk to us more,'.

People talk about the guy that's waiting on a girl, oh ohh

There are no holes in his shoes but a big hole in his world, hmm

iwaizumi refused to date anyone after (Name). besides, all the girls in his college didn't dare to ask him out. his world was dark now. his eyes never brighten anymore. he never crack a smile. all he ever does is visit his late girlfriend's university and expected to see her walking out with a huge smile on her face and he'd grab her in his arms and hold her tight.

but it never happened.

3 years later and iwaizumi doesn't date anyone. he'd still visit her gravestone and 'talks' to her. on her birthday, the day she died and the day they first made love. they made love in his dorm room and it was passionate, slow, and unforgettable. no one heard them, thank god.

iwaizumi decided that he wanted to work out of Miyagi and it'd be the last time he'll visit her gravestone. so when her birthday comes, he sat on her gravestone the whole day. until the night ends, that's when he breathes out a long breath.

"(Name) i have something to tell you," he stopped for a while to close his eyes and caress her stone. "i applied a job out of Miyagi and i won't be coming back on your next birthday. i'm sorry but my therapists starts to make sense and i should move on. but my love for you won't change. i will see you again. i promise."

when he didn't receive any answer, like usual, he was about to walk away to cry again until he felt a jab on his shoulder. he knew the feeling. (Name) used to rests her chin on his shoulder from behind whenever he's depressed. she'd calm him down and he appreciated every time with her and he wished the time can just stop.

"(N-Name)..." he whispered her name and he hung his head. "you're going to let me go?"

"i am."

as if iwaizumi heard her, he slowly smiled. "d-don't forget about me, okay?"

the presence behind him nods her head. "and i won't forget. move on, hajime."

iwaizumi nodded to himself and wiped his wet eyes. he looked forward with a determined look. "like hell i will." he walked off without looking back and the paper in his back pocket flew out.

"GIRL FOUND DEAD AT NEARBY LAKE CAUSE BY DROWNING."

"19 year old (surname) (name) rescued a boy from drowning because of the flood and died by the cause of it. Thanks to her, she's called a hero."