Semi Eita (4)

; requested by @drowninghell. i'll just write whatever scene i can come up to. i'm sorry for the late update. i attended a seminar yesterday and i was offered to go to a college in a different state! FINALLY! IM MOVING ON! enjoy!

;; it's angst so be ready.

"Ladies and Gentleman, sorry to disturb your dinner but my cousin, Semi, has something to say to his lovable bride." Semi's cousin said as he motioned for Semi to come on stage.

Semi got on stage and nervously adjusts his necktie, his free hand holding his drink. "H-Hi, I'm Semi Eita; the husband to Handa Ayuka." He looked over at his new bride and she sweetly smiled, encouraging for him to speak again. He cleared his throat. "I know this is about my wedding night and I should celebrate it with a big smile on my face but.. Last month, I just lost my best friend to an accident.

Her name was (f/n) and she was Ayuka's very good friend back in college. They were in the same course and she introduced Ayuka to me like it didn't bother her. In other words, she loved me. She loved me and looked at me as a man but she wouldn't tell me. Because at that time, Ayuka already has her eye on me. She supported both of us but I wanted to be with (f/n), so I did. Ayuka didn't mind, actually. She was happy for (f/n) but slowly, our relationship began to tumble down. (f/n) got depressed and I couldn't help her. I didn't know what to do that time so I avoided her so I wouldn't suffocate her with my presence and she'd get better on her own. But I was so damn wrong.

One night, (f/n) texted me for the last time and I panicked. I searched for her everywhere and when I did, instead of meeting her beautiful smile, I was met by blood and her closed eyes. Ayuka was there first to stop her but (f-f/n)-" He paused when he felt the lump in his throat. "-s-she stepped into the road and the bus hit her. She died instantly."

His and Ayuka's relatives, including (f/n)'s family, sat in silence and some cried by the story.

"I could have marry her and I would have tried my very best to make her smile but.. She wanted me to have Ayuka instead." He started to cry. "Because she once told me that no one should be together with a pathetic person and it was a waste of time. I wanted to tell her so bad that it is okay to depressed! That it is okay to tell her best friends what is troubling her! I always turn my back on her thinking she is one of the strongest people on Earth and I shouldn't be worried but I was damn wrong. Even the strongest people has to fall one day. I-I'm sorry..." Semi walked off stage and ran straight to the bathroom. Ayuka followed as well, picking up her dress as she ran after her husband. She found Semi sitting where nobody can see him sobbing like there's no tomorrow.

"Eita... I'm really sorry. I thought that if you say her eulogy, it would make you feel better." She sighed, sitting next to him. Next thing she knows, he chuckled quietly. "S-Semi?"

"I saw her." Was all he said to make her realize what he was talking about. "She was standing next to you while I was giving a speech. When I mentioned about her, she crossed her arms and looked at me disapprovingly. I know from the bottom of my heart she didn't want me to talk about her during my wedding night. But I did anyway and she looked pissed."

You're damn right I am, Semi. It's your wedding night!

Ayuka chuckled. "I believed she was with us the whole time, Eita. She loves you. And I know you love her too. But, she thinks she didn't deserve you because you deserve happiness; she can't give you that." She paused. "When (f/n) wants someone to be happy, she sacrifices herself. She would do anything to make the people she loved, happy. That's who she is.

"When she told me you confessed to her, she wasn't too happy with the idea. Because she knows you liked me first but you denied it. Because you know her more than you know me. Because you think the longer you know the person, they understand you more. But sometimes it didn't take years to understand a person. It's the effort and care. And I am sure (f/n) would say the same thing."

You go, Ayuka.

"Tomorrow, we'll go and celebrate (f/n)'s birthday early. We'll talk to her like normal. Just the 3 of us." Ayuka gave him an assuring smile and gave him a side hug, supporting him through everything.

(f/n)'s faded self watched her best-friends sharing kisses and cringed teasingly at the two but eventually smiled. She wants to be with Semi but if she isn't happy with herself, then she can't make Semi happy. For the last time, she watched them continuing their wedding night before turning back to where the light is and muttered,

"I'll see you two. Next time." And she disappeared into the light where there is a world better for her.

+++

wow, im really good in angst shit IM GOING TO CRY. how do you like this? good? not good? tell me your comeback <3 :)