Tsukishima Kei (1)

you tapped on your foot while waiting for your delinquent of a boyfriend for 4 hours now – it was 3am and he isn't home yet

you tapped on your foot while waiting for your delinquent of a boyfriend for 4 hours now – it was 3am and he isn't home yet. you knew he was out with his friends but you never thought he would be this late and leaves you at home with his leftover food on the table.

tsukishima kei is your boyfriend whom you dated since high school. the two of you attended the same college and he got mixed up with bad people. kei was never the type to be-friends with a group of delinquent but you were fooled as well... by their appearance.

these kind of delinquents looked like nerds but they are the hot type ones. they have buffy figure, broad shoulders and have very good looking hair. but they still have their glasses on. at first you thought kei was the only hot one but there are others too. not like you don't love kei but damn you can't choose.

you shook your head at the thought and went back to angry of kei. it's nearly 4am and you have to go to work in 2 hours. you bet to yourself you're going to have eyebags after this.

the door opens when you're about to fall asleep and kei walked in, his hands in his pocket and headphones hanging around his neck. he turned on the lights and nearly screamed in horror when he saw a figure glaring at him. "what the- (Name) you fucking scared me. what the hell are you doing up?"

"where the fuck have you been, kei?! do you know what time it is?!" you shouted, standing up.

"huh? i was out with friends; i told you that before i left the house." he scratched his head, not concerned you were mad.

"i had to wait for you! for 5 hours now!"

he frowned, "tch. no one asks you to wait for me. i never asked you to. why the hell would you bother?"

"i'm concerned, kei! you've been hanging out with those skanks you called friends-"

"don't talk about them like that," he said in a lower voice than usual and towered over you. "they are all the people i have. don't tell me which friends i should make. you have no right."

"i have no right," you repeated with a scoff. "then why am i your girlfriend in the first place? hm? why am i here living in your apartment then? am i your booty call? for 2 years now? have you found another-"

"shut up, (Name). i'm going to bed." he headed to his room but you blocked his way, making him annoyed. "get out of my way, (Name). don't be a bother to me."

"fine. we're breaking up."

"what?" his eyes widened.

you unblock his way. "you heard me; we're done. i'm not your girlfriend anymore. but i have no place to stay just yet so i'll be living here until i found a new place. we're roommates now, nothing more."

his face softened. "(Name) don't-"

"i'll move my stuff in the spare room. i might need to clean them up. clearing the things in there and all," you chuckled rather convincing. "well goodnight, tsukishima-kun." you went to bed on the sofa instead and pulled the blanket over you. kei can only watch you, unable to utter words.

once it finally sinks in, kei clicked his tongue and went to his room slamming it loudly. when he's out of sight, you cried yourself to sleep.

* * *

after the break-up, kei went out more but it didn't concern you like it used to. you also hung out with college friends and slept over their house sometimes. whereas kei was left heart-broken, you were okay with the break-up. the burden isn't on your shoulders anymore, no more fights and the two of you chatted like friends.

kei came home late at night and found you doing your assignments. he put his things away. "(Name) i have something to tell you. don't get mad, okay?"

you put your papers aside and faced him, "what is it, tsukishima-kun?"

"i-i uh... my buddies did something and i was left... with this," kei took out a fucking gun from his jacket pocket and your eyes can never grow big before. "d-don't assume i did something cause i didn't but-"

"they let you buy a fucking gun, kei?!" you shut your mouth realizing you said his first name and frowned. "you didn't rob a bank, did you?"

"no, i swear it," he put the gun down. "i don't know what to do. i want to dispose of it but my finger print is on it. police will think i'm armed."

"you are."

"(Name), do something!"

"what do you expect me to do, tsukishima?! tell the police that you got a gun in your hands but you're innocent?!"

"i am innocent! my friends were playing with it and they must have-"

"yeah okay, enough of this bullshit, tsukishima. if you want to get out of it, stay away from those friends!" running your fingers through your hair with frustration, you sighed, "this is your fault to begin with. i warned you the last time."

he huffed, "now you want to lecture me? you're not my girlfriend anymore."

"thank god i'm not!" you yelled, silencing kei. "because if i still am, i'd be a delinquent's girlfriend! and that's bad for my reputation! i am now your roommate so this means i don't know about any of this shit!"

"you're ditching me now?!" he got angrier.

"i should have! a long time ago after you joined the gangsters! you were never this bad even in high school, kei. maybe tadashi should've stayed with you instead of me; i can't even convince you what's right or wrong."

"(Name) ple-"

"don't do this to me, tsukishima. this is the path you're choosing; now you have to pay the price. either turn back or go forward until you find a hole to drop in hell."

you cleaned up and went to your room leaving kei to think of his own decisions.

* * *

bad idea.

tsukishima decided to leave the gangsters to make it up to you and the leader was not happy so he shot tsukishima on the leg. now he's in the hospital with purple wounds on his face and gun wound on his thigh.

you visited him until he woke up.

"you deserve to be beaten up but... i'm glad you choose to walk out, kei." you whispered, afraid to wake him up. his sleeping face makes you flustered; his glasses rested on the table. his lips were swollen. his left cheek had bruises on it.

"f-fina...lly," kei mumbled, his eyes opening. "you said my name, (Name)..."

"hey, you dork," you smiled holding his free hand. "how's it feel being on hospital bed? is it comfortable?"

"god not now." he whined a bit.

"sorry." you laughed.

"(Name)... i-"

"i forgive you, kei. it's in the past now." you brushed his blonde hair and kissed his knuckle. "and i would like for us to start over. what do you say?"

he cracked a small smile. "i'd like that very much. (Name)?"

"yes, kei?" you softly said.

you felt his hand squeezed yours. "will you be my girlfriend?"

you leaned in to kiss his lips and mumbled against it, "yes. i'd love to be your girlfriend."