Kozume Kenma (4)

requested by @TheAwkwardNerd. they wanted angst so... prepare yourselves.

Kenma hated winter - there are two reasons; he hates feeling cold when he is outside or inside. The other reason was he and you broke up after 7 beautiful months being together. You broke up over one thing; Kenma was losing interest in their relationship but he would not tell you, afraid of upsetting you. You found out about it when Kenma talked more with another girl he met while he waited for you to shop. This new girl was lost in the mall and she happened to find Kenma sitting alone looking bored as fuck and asked him where she was. It went from asking directions to exchanging phone numbers and emails. You thought Kenma was being friendly - or at least tried to - until you noticed Kenma typing on his phone with so much interest comunicating with the new girl.

You became jealous after a while, then it changed to depression and losing hope in your relationship. When winter came, Kenma was on his way to meet up with the new girl when you bumped into him and ended the relationship. Just like that and you left. Kenma was left in the snow feeling shocked by the break-up and canceled the meetup to rethink what just happened.

It took time Kenma to recover until he was back on his feet and began his third-year. He was currently in a relationship with the new girl named Yuka, another gamer who loves Kenma with all her life. He sat behind Yuka's desk and turned on his laptop. Once his screen popped out, his chest clenched at the wallpaper; it was a photo of you in your casual clothes drinking tea while wearing mittens and your cheeks were red by the cold breeze of Autumn. Kenma stared at the photo for a while until Yuka appeared into the class.

"Hi, Kenma. Playing your games as usual?" She kissed his cheek before sitting at her desk.

"Y-Yeah." Kenma clicked on a file to prevent Yuka from seeing his wallpaper. He gave her his small smile. "How was your weekend?"

"Good. I beat up this pro gamer in..." She started bragging she beated a professional gamer the night before and it began to bore Kenma, a lot.

He began to have flashback of you and him playing games together. He won and you lost, making you pout in despair. "I want a rematch!" You would exclaim.

Kenma would chuckle. "This is the 10th time, (f/n). You sure you want this? You'll get tired."

She was so cute, Kenma thought. After a while, Yuka stopped talking and their homeroom teacher went in starting their lessons.

---

Out of nowhere, today just happened to be the day Kuroo and the formers third-years had come to visit high school. He met up with Kenma immediately and disturbed him eating his lunch.

"I haven't seen you for a long time, Kenma. Put that lunch down and give your bestfriend a hug." Kuroo whined.

"You just graduated 2 months ago. And who says we were bestfriends?"

"Hidoi, Kenma!" Kuroo faked crying. He stopped afterwards, his expression softened. "So, I heard what happened with you and (f/n)-"

"Kuroo, stop. We talked about this."

"We texted about it and no I won't stop. Kenma, from the way you texted about her, you still love (f/n). In the back of your mind, you still wondered what went wrong with your feelings towards your relationship and you wanted to fix it."

"What do you know about relationships?" Kenma frowned. He kept his lunch in his bento box and put it aside. "(f/n) and I wanted it to be over. She broke up with me, not the other way around. And if she still loves me, she would come back but she didn't. Because you know why? She doesn't love me anymore. That's it."

Picking up his bento box, he wanted to leave the lunch spot to meet Yuka. "I'll see you around, Kuroo. I need to meet up with someone." He was out of sight when Kuroo sighed to himself.

"Even you never mentioned about your current girlfriend. Idiot." Closing his eyes, he faced upwards. "Watch over him, (f/n)-chan. He still doesn't know what happened to you but... I'll keep your promise until one day, he deserves to know." Kuroo left the spot too, unknowingly Kenma stopped and hid behind the wall, crying in his hands as he slides down in sadness.

---

comment your thoughts. x