Oikawa Tooru (9)

; requested by @maraki_haikyuu. they asked to either do a bully kuroo, tsundere kageyama or depressed! reader with this trash so i chose to do trash's. i did this a long time ago before college and here i am settling it.

(f/s) – favourite shampoo

He knows she was depressed yet he didn't do anything. All he could do was watch her and held back. The reason why he held back was because no one knows they're both dating – if one finds out they're dating, it'll ruin both (f/n)'s and Oikawa's reputation.

(f/n) came from a family who judges people, a lot. When one of her cousins has a boyfriend, her aunties and uncles would request to meet the boy or girl so they can either accept them or reject them. Whereas Oikawa's family, they preferred Tooru to date someone like him; famous, beautiful, and charming. (f/n) is all that minus famous. She's not well-known but she's friendly towards anyone.

Every day she suffered as she watched Tooru getting 'comfortable' with his fangirls with that handsome smile of his. He'd talk to them about anything and it hurt her a lot that not once did he glance back at her. Probably because he didn't want to get caught staring at her. Some hinted she and Tooru were seeing each other but because of their families, they have second thoughts.

Tooru's family were out of the house for a week and he invited (f/n) to stay over. She hesitated for a while but since they haven't communicated for a while, this would be a good chance. She came over and lie on his bed with his arms secured around her body.

"I miss you, (f/n)-chan.." He whispered in her hair, inhaling the smell of (f/s). "I miss holding you in my arms like this. I wish I can take you away and marry you." As he squeezed her tight, she can feel tears welled up in her eyes.

"Tooru, we can't continue this. I-It's obvious we're not meant to be."

"Don't say that!" He turned her around so she could face him. "We both are meant to be and you know that! I don't care if our parents don't like us; it's our love that matters!"

"You don't understand, Tooru! The problem here is me, okay?! I'm not perfect for you! I'm not a very high-standard girl. I can't buy you gifts. I can't even do a simple monthsary dinner for us! I'm useless, Tooru. I'm not good enough."

He frowned. "Are you going to give up? Is that it?"

"I'm not giving up, Tooru. I'm giving you away. I will always love you... Maybe we'll see each other in our next life. Who knows-"

"God damn it." He cuts her off and got off bed, running his fingers through his hair. "Is this how depressed people talk? Talking like as if things didn't go their way and was willing to give up what they love? It's not too late, (f/n)! We can still run away. Graduation is next week and after the ceremony, I'll take you away with me. That is what I promise!"

"And then what, Tooru?" Silence was all she got and she got off bed as well, standing before her lover. "Hide away from the public forever so our parents' sources wouldn't find us? That's not the future I want with you! I want us to get married in a church where people can see how much we love each other, not eloping and let the police search for us!"

"But I love you, (f/n)! And I would do anything for you!"

"Then end this!"

"NO!"

"Fine! I'll do it then!"

His look softened. "Please don't..."

"Oikawa Tooru..."

"Fuck (f/n) don't do this."

"I'm breaking up with you."

♡♡♡

i'll edit this during the weekend. soz if its not satisfying.