Yamaguchi Tadashi (3)

descript ;; you, tobio's sister, visited your brother's practice and came across the freckled second-year float server.

requested by @Golden_flames29

You barely visit your brother's practice but when you do, you intend to annoy the fuck out of him – you'd tease him about his serve being weak or he spied on Hinata too much he looked like he was undressing the orange-haired mentally.

"Boke, (Name)! Shut up!" He blushed when Hinata started laughing, unfazed by what you just said. He's so glad Hinata is a naïve dumbass right now. "Hinata, don't laugh!"

You and the smaller male high fived each other, despite you being his sister you think the same thing as Hinata and the rest of the rowdy boys. When Tanaka called for the rest to continue their practice, you noticed a boy you never noticed before. He looked taller than your brother, for sure, and he was talking with Tsukishima whom you know from Tobio.

"Don't near him; you'll end up getting yourself heartbroken by him." Tobio warned you about Tsukishima. Since he's protective, he made sure no one made a move on you. Not even his seniors could touch you or hug you.

Anyway, you watched the freckled second-year holding his ball and closed his eyes as he breathes in. You admire from the side of his face and would die if you see him face-to-face. He looked so concentrated; it was scary. He raised his hand that was holding the ball and threw it in the air. He slapped the ball once it landed midair and it was the serve you've never seen before. You've watched setters serving the ball with full power but this serve was amazing. Your eye pupils followed the ball as it moved inch by inch.

"A float serve!" You said excitedly, standing up from the bench where you sat with Takeda. "Ne, Takeda-sensei. Who is that cute guy? I never see him before."

"You never?!" Takeda was surprised; his eyes were bigger than his glasses. "That's Yamaguchi. He's a second-year. He does float serving and he's really good at it. And- hold on. Did I hear you say he's cute?" He unexpectedly smirked at you. Ever since he joined the volleyball team as an advisor, he opened up a lot and of course he gives advice to the team to motivate them.

"D-Did I say that? Boy, is it me or does the gym seemed hotter?" Your face turned red from blushing and fan yourself with your shirt. When Yamaguchi was about to serve another one, the ball went over the net and bounced next to your foot. You let out a small 'ah' before picking it up. "Here you go!" You handed the ball to Yamaguchi.

He smiled. "Oh, thank yo-" He paused to look at you in a polite manner when it changed to a jaw-dropped look, staring at you in awe. "(N-Name)-san!" He called out loud, still holding the ball you're holding. He had seen you from afar but never this close. His cheeks went red and this is when he fucked up. His words fumbled as he tried to think of something to say to you. "U-Uh, how's it going, (Name)-san? Y-You come h-here often?"

"Wow, he sounded like a flirt." Tsukishima heard and laughed in his palm at how ridiculous his friend sounded now.

"Yeah, only to bother my Tobio-chan," You pointed over your shoulder at your brother. "Hey, your serve was so good, though! How long did it take for you to learn them?!"

Yamaguchi was taken aback by your curiosity and rubbed the back of his head. "I-I practiced it for a year now. I'm still rusty at it." He admitted.

"Really." Tsukishima deadpanned.

You were still impressed. "But that was so cool, Yamaguchi-kun! It wasn't like the excited wham! but it's still cool! You're so cool and laid back on court; you might scare your opponents."

"O-Oh, I guess I find my position cool, though I don't stand out much."

"Which is good since your opponents won't expect so much from you, they think you're there for nothing but you're a pinch server wHICH is double cool! I was like-"

A hand pushed your face away from nearing Yamaguchi. "Alright, knock it off, sis. You're suffocating the guy."

"I-I'm not suffoc-"

"Was I talking to you, Gucci?"

Yamaguchi frowned. "Excuse me?"

"Tobio, don't be mean," You scolded your brother by nudging him hard on the rib. "He's a nice guy."

Tobio snickered. "Him? He's been hanging out with Tsukishima a lot and I bet he is worse than him. Trust me, don't near Yamaguchi either."

"I wasn't trying to hurt (Name)-san or anything, Kageyama-kun."

"Ignore my brother. He's an ass." You told Yamaguchi before turning to Tobio with a menacing smile he hates to see. "Tobio-chan~ can you get me something to drink? I'm thirsty."

"But-"

"Do it, man." Tanaka butt in.

"Or you'll..." Noya air-slashed his throat, implying Tobio will get killed if he didn't listen to you.

Tobio finally gave up and muttered he'd return in 5 minutes. "If I don't come back, it means I'll be kicking a garbage can I named after Tsukishima over there."

The said person raised his eyebrow. "What'd you say, King?" But Tobio already walked out. "What's his problem, (Name)? How is he not like you?" He questioned.

"Oh, because he gets his period everyday while I'm a mermaid." You joked.

Extending Ending

"(N-Name)-san.."

"Drop the '-san', Yamaguchi. I'm younger than you." You smiled encouragingly, making him smile back.

"Okay. (Name), I know we don't see each other much but.. I was wondering if I could take you out to the food fair this weekend. If that's okay with you."

You nodded. "Sure! It's a date then!" You went to kiss his cheek. "See you this weekend, Yamaguchi!" You went home, leaving your new date to blow a fuse.