Semi Eita (5)

[requested by @scratchmybaek and they want an angst semi. wish me luck omg]

Semi and (f/n) argued one night.

"Eita! Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't be worried about your health!" She waved a paper slip in her hand, tears welled up in her eyes. "I answered a call by your phone and your doctor told me you had a wrist sprain from over-training. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because-" He dropped his gym bag and turned to his girlfriend, "-I don't want to worry you. Is that not enough?"

"No, it's not! I told you you shouldn't overwork yourself but you won't listen to me and look at what happened; you sprained your wrist."

"I didn't ask to come back early from practice to get lectured by you, (f/n). It'll heal before the match, anyway." He tried to assure but the throb on his wrist says otherwise.

"Eita..." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "You're such a liar sometimes.. How can I not worry when you're hurting yourself?"

"I said I was fine."

"But you're not!"

"HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW?" He finally snapped. "YOU'RE SO BUSY WITH YOUR OWN ACTIVITY TO NOTICE A THING ABOUT WHAT I DO EVERY DAY. I HAVE TO PRACTICE EVERY SINGLE DAY EVEN THOUGH I DON'T PLAY IN MATCHES ALL THE TIME. AND WHAT DO I HEAR FROM YOU? COMPLAINS.

"Too much work here, people keep pushing you to do things there! I'm sick of hearing it, (f/n)! I never get to play in matches yet I never said a single word about how it sucked! Damn it, girls are so annoying.. I don't know why I started dating one."

"So that's how it is..." She mumbled, rubbing her stuffy nose. "I'll just... Head home." Without looking at him, she walked out of his apartment leaving the male to punch the wall with his un-injured hand.

---

Semi couldn't focus even when he's not practicing. He was called by the doctor on that same day that he couldn't use his injured wrist for 2 weeks and should rest as he heals. He sighed but obeyed the doctor's order and rest while he attends practice. Shirabu was told he will be in the first string if Semi couldn't get better. It pissed him off a bit but he got no choice.

While he watched the practice, he thought about (f/n). That's his second problem; he had to apologize to her and wanted to take back his harsh words but knowing (f/n), she is not to forgive people easily. The only time she forgives people is if they bribe her with food.

Semi sighed again and massaged his wrist while watching the others play.

"Eita..."

Semi looked up and his eyes widened. "(f-f/n)," He quickly stands up. "I uh... Can you come over tonight? I need to talk to you."

"If you want to apologize, there's no need for that. I understand." She said. "I just came here to tell you that we're not compatible and I'm just holding you back. You'd say I'm not but honestly I am. You're a nice guy and that is why I love so much about you. But right now, you're going to play the match against Karasuno and you need more than just practice."

"H-Hey, I know you're mad about what I said last night and I wish I can take it back, (f/n). I just don't know how to express it." He was beginning to plead for forgiveness but he stayed on his ground, hoping she'd change her mind about breaking up with him.

But (f/n) shakes her head, meaning she wouldn't. "I've made up my mind about this, Eita. I'm not going to hold you back anymore."

"You are not holding me back, (f/n)! I was just angry and let it out on you! I'm sorry!" He raised his voice and it caught everyone's attention. Ushijima spotted them in a conversation.

"Semi, if you two wanted to talk, do it outside. You're distracting everyone." He sternly said before resuming practice.

"See?" (f/n) pointed it out. "It's over between us. I don't want Wakatoshi to scold you because of me anymore." Then she left the gym, leaving Semi to clench his teeth.

I've screwed up. I'm sorry, (f/n).