Kuroo Tetsurou (8)

As a young lady, you would have learned how to cook meals by now but you didn't - last time as a teenager, you avoided doing kitchen duties and just enjoy your teenage life. Going out, laying around the house, and slack off. So rebellious, you never helped your parents with cooking because it isn't your thing. Once, you burned the whole soup of curry. Since then, you didn't dare to try again.

When you're married to Kuroo, that was what worry you until now. You didn't know how to cook so you bought recipe books and start learning them. Since your parents lived in the village, you'd video call your mom and asked what to do. She'd help.

Kuroo came home tired and stressed. "I'm home," He called but received no response. Instead, he heard groaning coming from the kitchen and decided to check what's going on. His head peeked in and saw you still cooking. He frowned. "Wait, you're still making dinner? It's past 8PM, (f/n)."

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm learning how to make simple dinner and-"

"So, all the previous dinners we had was you ordering take outs?"

That made you froze. Great, you've been caught. You weren't exactly admitted you cooked them but you, sort of, told him your mom helped you to cook.

"I..." You trailed off, knowing there isn't more to lie about. "I can't cook, alright? Since I was a teenager, I never learned how to cook."

"Damn it, (f/n)," He rubbed his face stressfully. "I'm hungry and stressed out. We're low of budget because we keep eating outside and I hoped you could, at least, cook something to save money but no. You don't know how to. Why did I marry you?"

A knife just stabbed you in the heart. "Tetsurou, how could you say that?"

But he shook his head and headed towards the door, grabbing his coat. "I'm going out. Don't wait up for me." He slammed the door behind him and you dropped to the ground, yelling your hearts out.

* * *

Ever since you two argued, you refused to speak to your husband. Even though he glanced at you expecting you to say somehing or he'd speak to you, you didn't respond. Instead, you kept a straight face and tears hidden inside.

He came home one day to find delicious meal on the family table but there was something missing - the food was only enough for 1 person to eat and the house was too quiet. Kuroo dropped his stuff and ran around the house to search for you but nothing. Your clothes were still there though but the house felt so empty.

Of course he ate the meal you made for him and it was honestly better than he ever tasted. But he wasn't enjoying it because his wife was not there to eat with him. He felt guilty to what he said to you. He wanted to apologize.

2 days later, you came home sick while he was doing breakfast at 6:30 in the morning and you wobbled yourself into the house. Kuroo came to check and worriedly ran to you.

"(f/n)? Where have you been? I was worried sick."

You answered by coughing and leaned on your husband for support as he helped you to your bedroom. He slowly laid you on bed and checked your temperature. "You're so warm, (f/n). Wait here." He quickly wet a towel and medicines and ran to you again, only to find you asleep and your breathing was weak. Worried, he called the hospital and waited for help.

* * *

"No worries, Kuroo-san. Your wife was just having a mild fever and flu. She also lacks of vitamins for a few days. Is her appetite running low?"

"No, Doctor Suga. She was fine a few days ago." Kuroo told Suga and thought about a few days ago - you weren't exactly home for 2 days and you and him argued. You two never spoke so he wasn't aware of your health at all. "Suga, did she skip her meals for 2 days?"

"Yeah, because her stomach was only full of air and she's suffering gastric too so we had to feed her through the tube," Suga realized how tense Kuroo was and rubbed his shoulder assuringly. "Whatever happen between you two, it isn't your fault nor hers. I know you two are newly weds and marriage can be stressful. But I know you love your wife very much and she loves you too. Take care of her once she's discharged, alright?"

"O-Okay."

Once you were discharged from the hospital, Kuroo held you securely until you reached home. You still felt dizzy but you were able to walk. He unlocks the door and went back to holding you but you pushed him away. "I'm fine, Tetsurou. I can walk."

"But you're-"

"I may not know how to cook but I'm not unrelieable. So please just.."

"Okay okay. I'm sorry," He softly said, pulling away from you and let you walk in first. You managed to walk into the house and you went straight to the kitchen, getting something to drink.

"You need anything?" Was the first thing you asked before pulling out two mugs.

Kuroo was hurting just watching you like this and walked towards you. "(f/n), just rest. I'll make you something."

"It's fine."

"Damn it, (f/n)! Stop pushing yourself!" He raised his voice. "You want an apology? Okay, I'm sorry I said that to you. I'm sorry I said why did I marry you with a disgusting tone. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I was stressed, sure, but I'm sorry I let it get to me. Please please forgive me. I can't stand seeing you like this, (f/n). I love you and I hate hurting you. I took it out on you. I'm fucking sorry."

You watched him apologize and sighed. You love him still. "I forgive you long time ago, Tetsurou. I've been away because I hate myself. I'm married to you and I can't cook anything you like. I depended on our budget and I hated myself for that so I used my own money to attend cooking classes and visit my village for 2 days. I uh.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything."

Kuroo breathes out in relief and hugged you. "Thank god. I was worried you run away or hurting yourself but... Why didn't you eat for 2 days?"

You simply shrugged. "I lost track of time. I wasn't starving myself or anything."

"Good because I'm going to fatten you up tonight."