Kuroo Tetsurou (3)

kuroo nearly died of overdose.

all because his life was nearly torn apart. his family refused to help him, the way he plays volleyball became sloppy, he couldn't trust anyone except kenma, bokuto and his girlfriend and he, worse of all, got fired after attempting to fight with a rebellious customer. it was the customer's fault; he threw coffee all over kuroo's head. who won't get mad over that? but that's not the reason for kuroo to overdose.

he had a fight with [Name] in a drunk condition. they shouted at each other, [Name] attempted to calm him down only to be pushed to the counter. she fell and one of the kitchen knives nearly stabbed. luckily she rolled to the other side and the knife dropped to the ground with a loud clank. she walked out crying and kuroo found her stuff in their shared apartment empty the next day. he cried and overdosed himself after that.

here he is in the hospital and his body could not move properly so he needed a stick support to help him walk. [Name] came after a week he's in the hospital and helped him. she cried in his chest when he didn't wake up. she stayed until he did. she helped him walk, eat, drink, and take him out for a walk. when he's too tired, [Name] would wheel him and take him out to the park. kuroo hasn't talked much anymore. he could only look at his girlfriend with regret and small tears would appear at the corner of his eye. he wanted to say sorry. he wanted to hug her.

but words never come out.

but his body would shake if he moves.

so all he could do is watch [Name] come and go everyday to visit him. he promised himself he's going to get better and he is going to make up the things he did in the past. he's going to fix it.

kuroo always keeps his word.

"hey baby," [Name] came to his hospital room with food packets. "I brought lunch for you. home-made, this time. no fast food." she smiled.

kuroo managed to sit up on his own and [Name] hugged him. as usual, he could not respond the hug and can only inhale the scent of her clothes and neck.

"no progress?" she asked.

he shook his head, sighing.

"doctor said you can talk by now. are you still scared?"

he nodded.

"you don't have to be. but I won't force you," she took out her phone and showed him her screen. "I got bunch of messages from kenma and koutarou, babe. they said they missed you - mainly koutarou since kenma can be a tsundere."

kuroo smiled at that.

"everyone in college are worried about you, tetsurou. especially tooru - he said he couldn't play volleyball without his new best-friend. poor kid."

kuroo wanted to laugh so badly. but because of his near death over-dose experience, he can't even smile properly. everything was just too painful for him.

"It's only been a month, tetsurou. you can get better soon," [Name] looked up at kuroo's depressed look. she knew what it meant and held his hands with hers. "I forgive you, tetsurou. you may have fucked up in everything but you're still human. I'm here for you. you're not alone in this world, babe. koutarou and everyone else are here for you. stop beating up yourself for it."

kuroo's lip quiver and [Name] took that message to pull him into a hug. after a month of coma, he finally lets out a sob. the hug tightened. his eyes closed shut.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."