Shirabu Kenjirou (1)

a/n this is shirabu x male reader so i apologize in advance for female readers. enjoy, my male readers!

requested by @MusicaHyouShou

(f/n) laughed at something what Tendou said to him and would hug Tendou's side - which Tendou didn't bother pushing him away - causing the red-head to smirk. In all honesty, almost everyone in Ushijima's team liked (f/n). He's bubbly, handsome, fun to be with and he's super supportive. He could be in their team but because of his health, he couldn't move around too much or he'll collapse. It wasn't because he has a sickness or anything.

(f/n) is just that kind of boy who can't do so much work, that's all. Nothing to make a big deal out of it.

If he wasn't single, the Shiratorizawa boys might corner him but no - he had to be taken. By the one and only Shirabu Kenjirou. When (f/n) attended his first orientation in school, Shirabu bumped into the lad and immediately fell in love. Why? Because most boys are afraid of Shirabu and just runs away, never bother to look at him but (f/n) looked straight into Shirabu's eyes and nervously smiled.

"S-Sorry I knocked into you! You're not hurt, are you? Ah! I'm sorry! I need to get to my orientation or sensei will kill me!" He'd say before leaving Shirabu to freeze in his spot.

That's when he realizes he also likes guys. After months and months being friends with him, he confessed to (f/n) by the lake side after they hung out at the festival. Shirabu was a blushing mess and it made (f/n) laughed in his palm. The second-year would tell (f/n) to not laugh, which only to make him laugh even more, and kissed him to shut up. It worked because (f/n) kisses him back.

Back to the present.

While (f/n) was enjoying his company with the lads, Shirabu watched from the distance and groaned. He had lost count to how many times he'd seen his boyfriend talking with the boys. He was here to concentrate on Shirabu, not the other guys. The anger got the best of him and he tosses the ball too high, the spiker missed it and the opposed team won a point.

"What the hell was that, Shirabu?! That toss was too high!" Goshiki scolded the setter only to be glared at in return. He clicked his tongue and turns away to avoid arguing. "Tsk. I'd cool off before I begin practice." The taller male purposely said it loudly and went to call for a secondary setter to toss for him, leaving Shirabu to clench his teeth in anger.

Everyone resumed their game and (f/n) went to approach his boyfriend, handing him his water bottle. "Shirabu-san, here's your water. You must be tired practicing on your own."

But he was ignored. Shirabu ignored getting his bottle and tossed the ball to the wall, repeatedly catching it and hit the wall. (f/n) watched him in sadness. He knows Shirabu has temper issues but is it wrong to utter a word to his new friends? Or was Shirabu being jealous? (f/n) couldn't know.

"Yo, (f/n)! Want me to toss to you?" Semi called him and (f/n) agreed to do it, attempting to spike the ball. (f/n) may not be a part of the team yet but Semi thought he could master his spikes if he gets the chance to join the team. (f/n) throws the ball towards Semi and he in return tosses them as (f/n) went to spike it. But the ball hit the net instead, disappointing (f/n).

"Hah... I can never play as a wing spiker, Semi-san. I may not be able to play as a regular like you guys." (f/n) felt down and catch his breath when it hitches as Shirabu spoke from the other side of the net.

"That's because you suck," Shirabu insulted his boyfriend and sneered at him. "What? You think just because you practice with us everyday might get you better? Whether you're a regular or not, if you can't fix your stamina any time, you wouldn't last a minute in court. You'll ruin our game play and we'll be the ones being laughed at. So stop trying."

"Oi, Shirabu. That was harsh, man." Tendou frowned and turned to (f/n), "Ignore him. He's just-"

"I-I hate you, Shirabu-san! I hate you! I never want to speak with you again!" (f/n) pushed through the people gathering around and ran out of the gym.

Semi was pissed off. "What the fuck, Shirabu?"

Ushijima wasn't impressed with his setter's attitude but he kept quiet about the situation and remained calm. "Goshiki, go and get (f/n) before he hurts himself. We all know he isn't physically well enough."

Goshiki ran out to search for (f/n) while Shirabu realized how he fucked up he was being and went to chase (f/n) instead, pushing Goshiki aside on the way. Goshiki stopped walking and glared at his second-year setter.

"I hope (f/n)-san breaks up with you, Shirabu. You're an asshole."

* * *

Shirabu found (f/n) watching the ducks swimming in the same lake he confessed to him. He sighed, glad that his lover wasn't hurt or anything. He stopped behind (f/n) and heard him sniffing. How Shirabu wanted to hit himself.

"(f/n) I-"

"Don't need to say anything, Shirabu-san. It's clearly what you said was true. I'm not physically strong like all of you. My stamina is 1 out of 5 compared to you. I can never stand on court even if I'm better."

"H-Hey what I said back there was just angry words. I don't mean it."

"But you always speak the truth, Shirabu-san," (f/n) looked at his lover with teary eyes. "I appreciate your candor, Shirabu-san. Maybe I should stop trying."

"(f/n) please.. listen to me. I was- ugh, screw my pride. (f/n), I was jealous, alright? Every time you watched us play, you always talk with the guys and.. it pisses me off! It occured to me that my friends all loved you a-and I was afraid you might choose one of team and leave me."

(f/n) laughed with tears in his eyes, "You're an idiot, Shirabu-san. You know me very well I'd never leave you for anyone. Even if I found how gentleman Ushijima-senpai is or how Tendou-san is funny. Shirabu-san will always be mine. Right?"

Shirabu blushed, "R-Right."

The lovers shared kisses and Shirabu slowly laid (f/n) on the grass, savoring the moment. He pulled away to kiss (f/n)'s nose and brushed his (h/c) hair. "But don't give up on volleyball, alright? I promise I'll teach you and train you so you could be in the team. I promise."

"Then please take care of me, Shirabu-sensei~"

(f/n) felt his butt being groped. "Ahh. You're getting it once we're done practicing tonight."