Azumane Asahi (1)

I'll run away with your foot steps

I'll build a city that dreams for two

And if you lose yourself

I will find you

Asahi has not gotten a soulmate yet but lately he has been feeling a bit off lately. Every day he felt like his soulmate was there but whenever he followed his instincts, it only disappoint him. He knows his soulmate also had the urge to search for him - so was he. He and whoever she is were meant to be together.

He asked Suga for advice on how to approach his soulmate one day. Being the calm and collected person, Suga said to him, "Approach to her nicely and don't scare her, though. You know what happens when-"

"Suga, you're not making this better for me." Asahi pouted. He does not want to hear from his teammate that he is scary and can't be approachable.

"Ah, right. Sorry," Suga laughed it off. "I'm sure she felt the same way as you are - you're not the only person who is nervous to meet his soulmate for the first time. Many thoughts come to mind; what if she doesn't expect a person like me to be her soulmate? What if I'm not good enough for her? What if she's different than I thought she would be? So many what if's, it was driving Asahi crazy.

And he almost passed out due to lack of oxygen.

"Honestly, Asahi, I'm not good with this soulmate-thing. But it's just like meeting the girl you loved at first sight; only in this case, you two are sharing a bond. And fate will bring you two together one day. You just have to wait for the right time." Suga said with a wise look on his face. Asahi only sweatdropped at how proud Suga looked but he was glad to have him to advice him about this.

Asahi nods in agreement. "Thank you, Suga," he paused to look up at nothing and did a mental fist-pumped. "I will find you."

* * *

Asahi found his soulmate - it was none other than [Name] [Surname]. This girl is a 2nd year high school student in Karasuno and took interest in [fav sports]. He never talked to her before but he grew interest in her when she looked so confident during her sports match. They had a festival day in school and the girls were competing in [fav sports]. Asahi and the others came to watch. Asahi was amazed when he saw a light shining among the girls. You were brighter than anyone in the match and he can't help but watch you and your movements.

When he was on the search for you, you were already running around the school halls because you had the urge to find him. He did too. You two bumped into each other outside the school building and it was, unlucky for you, raining. The water droplets soaked you both but your eyes caught. None of you moved. Asahi's uniform soaked and you averted your attention towards his soaked body. You could see the outline of his muscles and began to blush. You looked back at his eyes again and he was smiling. He smiled so wide, you nearly thought he was being perverted. But it was his genuine smile - you'd know.

"Asahi-san... you're my soulmate?" you asked, pointing at him.

"I-I don't know but I feel excited and-"

"Safe," you finished with tears in your eyes. "I feel safe when I'm with you, Asahi-san."

He copied your reaction, small tears at the corner of his eyes. "And I feel excited when I'm with you, [Surname]-san."

Slowly, both of you stepped towards each other. When you were upclose, your face nearly touching his chest, Asahi first hold your shoulders and slowly pulled you into a warm hug. Despite the rain and cold breeze, Asahi was like your personal heater - not in an intimate way, though.

"Y-You're cuddly, [Surname]-san." he commented. You can't really hear him since he was whispering with the rain rapidly dropped but his chest vibrates as his talks.

You chuckled, nuzzling your face against his clothed chest. "You're cute, Asahi-san." Luckily Asahi wasn't able to hear that, either.

Or he'll die blushing.

Extended Ending

"Hm, you finally found me, huh?"

"Yes, I did. Your emotions were killing me, [Name]. All I felt was the urge to find you before." he sighed, placing his bearded chin on your shoulder.

"Oh? Then, what about you? All week, I've been feeling anxious and excited at the same time. Are you always that nervous before a match?" you teased, turning your head so you could kiss his cheek.

"Of course I'm always nervous! What if I screw up?"

"People make mistakes, Azu. For example, you forgot to bring a condom one night and I-"

He comically removed himself from you, covering his ears. "N-No, [Name]! Do not repeat that! Forgive me, God! I'm so sorry, God!" then he dropped to the ground and bowed repeatedly for forgiveness.

".... I was going to say that you stopped halfway and ran around the house like a lunatic when we haven't even started... I mean, leaving me aroused alone while you leave it undone. Now that is a mistake." you murmured while sweat dropping.

But Asahi, you're so cute and I love to tease you like this. It makes me love you even more.