Oikawa Tooru (4)

i haven't done his one shot for a while now; thanks to @aricelajade's request!

The world and society was never fair in the first place - that's why adults have to go through it first so they can teach their children how to face them next time. How to not believe in conmans, how to socialize with business and companies, how to balance your checkbook and how to take of yourself and your family next time. The world is a tough place for adult rookies. Especially when they start to work, their bosses and co-workers have already criticizing them.

"They're so young," "How are they going to handle this position? I bet they'll give up in week's time." "They're amateurs."

Yes, we are all amateurs but we're not judgmental asses is what you always exclaim in your mind. You wanted to prove to them you're the best and good in your position, so that's what you did. You worked harder than anyone else you didn't realize how miserable you are. Your only friend, co-worker and lover, Oikawa Tooru has been there for you to remind how you should rest and not push yourself too hard yet you never listened. You have sleep deprived and you were talking to a conman – which you didn't know – and almost lose your money until Oikawa walked in and pointed it out. It awakened you right there and that's when your other co-workers began to whisper you bad names.

"She's so bad at her job," one would say.

"I know. If not thanks to Oikawa-kun, she's losing her mind," another one would say.

"I bet she slacks off during her working time," they all would say.

Oikawa heard them all and exited your office room, scolding them. "I would appreciate it if you don't speak about (Name) like that! She worked even harder than any of you I've seen so far and you're criticizing her as if she didn't when it was you! You put her into so much stress and I do not like that! I was there for her at all times and not once have I seen her 'slack off' during her time! Knowing everyone in this company, it was you all that is not good in their jobs! Go and quit before I tell the boss of what you've done so far!"

The women in the same room were shocked with Oikawa's behavior. Oikawa glared at them once more before leaving to his own desk and sat down angrily, continuing doing his own work while worrying about you at the same time.

Within the 2 weeks, each worker quits their job because of Oikawa and the boss, Iwaizumi Hajime. It was less pressure once they quit but it didn't make you feel any better. Both Iwaizumi and Oikawa were worried. On the morning of your weekend, you received dozens of death threats. One that said;

"People like you are the reason why we are poor; you only care about yourself. One like you should die."

Most of them are even crueler than this but it broke you. Was it your fault that they got fired or quit? Your hands trembled as you read them and threw them in the bin before anyone could read it. Oikawa walked out rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Babe? Come to bed, it's Saturday. We can sleep all morning." He yawned while holding you from behind, resting his chin on your shoulder.

"Y-Yeah.." You responded.

"Hm? Are you okay?" Oikawa lifted his head up to look at you from the side.

"I'm okay," You turned around to peck his lip. "Let's head back to bed. We're going out this afternoon, right?"

He tiredly grinned, "Yep. I want to try the Burger King in the city. I know it's not new to us but they have a new menu there."

"Sure, babe. Let's sleep first."

* * *

It all happened so fast before you could blink – you were just ordering your Burger King and the next thing you know, your throat was burning like hell. Bubbles began to ooze out of your mouth and you felt your head hit the ground. Oikawa was above you crying for help and someone called the ambulance for you. You heard a few complaints and police siren. Before your eyes could go unclear, you saw 2 policemen arrested a woman who was ordering your food. The look on her face seemed satisfied but it was then wiped away when the policemen took her away.

She was arrested for attempt of murder and food poisoning on a customer.

Oikawa witnessed the whole thing and charged the woman, who used to work in the same company as you and got fired, for sending death threats to you by mail. The doctor called Oikawa to confirm you made it and is fully awaken. Your lover ran to your side of the bed and hugged the sobbing you.

"B-Babe, I'm so s-s-s-sorry! I didn't know this was going to happen to you! I-I thought I was going to l-lose you!" He cried like a 5 year old losing his toy and hugged you tightly.

"I'm right here, Tooru. Don't cry anymore..." You stroked his brown locks with your fingers and kissed his hair. "I'm not going anywhere, not while I'm still alive."

He looked up to face you with puffed cheeks, "From now on, I am watching your every move, (Name)-chan! I'll be your bodyguard, your Romeo, your Jack, your cherry, your-"

You giggled placing a finger on his lip, "I get it, Tooru. And thank you."

Slowly, he began to cry crocodile tears. "Wahhhh! I don't wanna lost (Name)-chan again!"

The world is unfair but it's the people you're mixing with are most important. Cherish them when they cherish you; that is when you know you could trust them.