"You can't help that you have the softest lap in the world to sleep on."

-Jack's POV-

"Jack?"

"In the living room," I called back.

Mark moved quickly down that hallway with Felix close behind him. His dark eyes widened a bit at the sight of Hunter's head on my lap. He was still asleep, his breaths deep and long legs curled up on the couch. Felix's make an odd noise in his mouth, halfway between a groan and a sigh.

"I guess me racing back home to make sure that you were all right was...unneeded?"

I chuckled as I nodded my head, my eyes looking now over to Felix, who was looking a bit more concerned about Hunter.

"Is he drunk?" he asked, his blue eyes looking at Hunter's face, and then back to me.

"I think so?" I answered, trying to be as honest as I could be. "He's definitely not sober, and he's been asleep for about the last hour or so."

Mark moved over to the couch where we both were and bent down to get a closer look at him. He reached up to touch his face, and then paused, seeming to think better of it.

"Hey Felix, this might be more your place to check his pulse."

Within a few steps Felix was over next to us and on bent knee, with his slender fingers at Hunter's neck checking his pulse. His blue eyes narrowed and doing some counting he pulled his hand away, and then moved to run his fingers through the soft red hair.

"He's pretty much knocked out drunk," Felix said with a sigh. "He's not waking up for a while I don't think. Hope you've got no place you need to be for a while Jack, because he's heavy as fuck when he's on top of you. I know from personal experience."

"Has he been...you know...drinking a lot?" Mark asked quietly, his face looking strained as he stood back up.

Felix gave a small shake of his head as he stood up as well.

"Yes, since you talked to him. Been pretty good about hiding it until the last day. Then he seemed to not give a shit anymore. It's nothing crazy, and he's been good about not driving at all. Hunter was a legendary partier back in the day, so it takes a lot to get him like this."

With a small bit of help Mark and Felix are able to take a hold of his top half and lift him up enough for me to wiggle out from underneath him, and then laid him back on the couch. Mark gave me a glance to let me know that he wanted to talk to me, and we both left Felix to stay with Hunter while we headed into the other room.

"Is everything all right," he asked, barely waiting for us to get out of Felix's earshot. "He didn't do anything weird or..."

I raised my eyebrows at him, and he frowned deeply at me.

"Sorry...I'm not sure I even know where I was going with that question at all. I'm just worried about you. Your text was so vague, and with everything that's been happening...then we get back and he's cuddled up on your lap like..."

His voice faltered again at the strange look on my face.

"You didn't think that he and I were doing anything, did you?"

"No, no," he said, looking shocked. "Not at all. I just..."

His face looked stressed as he struggled to figure out what to say, running his hands through his hair and then grabbing a hold of his hands in his.

"I just don't want him to cause anymore issues between us, and the thought of him coming over here to cause any more trouble is just too much for me to -"

"He came over to apologize."

His mouth fell open, clearly startled.

"He was really upset, and came over to tell me that he was sorry about kissing you, and trying to break us up. He wasn't acting any way other than sincere...and a bit tipsy. I forgave him, we hugged and then he kind of passed out on me while we were on the couch."

"Do you think that he still..."

"He doesn't hate you. Far from it. I think that he really gets that we are staying together, and that you weren't ever in love with him. It was hard to see him in such pain. I can kind of see a little of what you must have dealt with."

His hand squeezed mine, and he leaned over and kissed me on the forehead.

"You really are amazing, Sean. Like seriously, the most forgiving person in the world."

I shrugged as I pulled him by the hand and started to head towards the kitchen to make everyone some lunch.

"It helps to be surrounded by people worth forgiving when mistakes happen, Bright Eyes. Now come on. I'm sure you and Felix are starving after dealing with the house and Mike."