"Your voice is my favorite song."

(A/N: The above song is "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon". A cover by Andrew Stein, and is meant to be listened to during this chapter. In my opinion it is best to listen to the song during the <> indicators of the chapter, or to read the chapter in full, and then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics)

-Mark's POV-

"Ow!"

"Sorry."

Jack twisted around in the bedsheets again, his feet weapons of destruction against my legs. The covers were pulled off of his chest again as I gave him a severe side eye. He flopped over again, his slender arms like wayward salmon. My chest apparently the brook that they were swimming upstream.

"Owwwww!"

"Sorry."

I sat up in bed and rubbed my bare chest gingerly, looking over with a pained expression. Staring back up at me were sleepy, apologetic blue eyes.

"I just can't get comfortable," he said, his voice deep with exhaustion.

"Need me to get you some warm milk? It works for kittens and babies."

"Adorable, but I'm neither one, Mark."

Sighing I stretched out my arms and he shuffled over and nuzzled his head into my chest, yawning deeply as I stroked his hair. It was after 1:15am according to the clock. I knew something was on his mind. He never had trouble falling asleep unless something was troubling him.

"That feels good," Jack sighed leaning into my hand. "Maybe do that for a while?"

"Ok, Bright Eyes. You want to talk about anything?"

His head turned from side to side. "No, just thinking about the wedding. Worried about Felix too."

I rubbed his head a little harder and was treated by a longer sigh. "Felix is at Hunter's condo and probably screwing him on his kitchen counter, so I doubt there is much to worry about with him."

Jack chuckled. "I guess you have a point there."

"What about the wedding has you thinking?"

Jack shrugged his pale shoulders. "Just realized that it's less than six months away. Seems like we aren't getting ready fast enough."

I gave him a kiss on the forehead and thought.

"Let's see...we have the wedding venue picked out and paid for, the invitations are all out, and we're going next week to check out food and cake options. Sounds like we have a good handle on things so far."

Jack looked up at me again, his face looking slightly more relaxed. I pulled him up and our lips met, sliding together for a moment before Jack broke it with another yawn.

"Sorry," he said, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his palms. "Your kisses weren't boring me, I promise."

"I only partially believe that," I teased. "Feel better about the wedding, now?"

He nodded, his smile back to me so profoundly sleepy that I almost yawned myself. He shuffled up and threw his right leg over me so that he was on top of me fully, and sighed as he placed his head on my chest again.

"How can you be so muscular and still be so soft?" he mumbled into my abdomen. "Tell me of your magical snuggle powers."

I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arms around his waist. "If I told you all my secrets there would be nothing fun to find out after the honeymoon."

I felt him smile onto my skin. "Smartass."

"Only with you, babe."

He giggled. "That's a lie, and you know it."

I gave him another kiss on the forehead. He nuzzled his face into the middle of my chest again.

"Feeling like you can finally sleep?"

"No, not at all," he said,his voice slightly grumpy.

I grabbed him gently by the shoulders, lifted him up so that our faces met, and gave him a peck on the lips. "I think that I have an idea, but you need to give me about five minutes."

His smile returned along with a lusty look in his gaze. "If this is sex than it's going to be way longer than five minutes."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "No it's not sex but I'll definitely ask about that for a different time. Just get under the covers and relax as much as you can. I'll be right back."

He nodded sleepily and shuffled over while I went into the closet and pulled out my guitar case. Walking back into the room Jack looked quizzically as I plopped the guitar case down on the foot of the bed, and began to unlatch the case.

"Oh, I get it," he said, a soft smirk on his face. "You're going to hit me over the head with your guitar. Simple but effective, I must admit."

"Very funny," I said. "Completely impractical considering that then I would need to buy a new guitar."

He stuck out his tongue at me.

"I'm going to sing you a song that always made me sleepy when I was younger. Maybe it will work for you too."

He yawned again. "Worth a try, though usually songs don't put me to sleep."

I smiled as I made sure that the guitar was in tune, and I played a few notes. Then I began to play the song as best that I could remember it.

<>

"Oh, I'd like to visit the moon
In a rocket ship high in the air.
Yes, I'd like to visit the moon,
But I don't think I'd like to live there.

Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above,
I would miss all the places and people I love.
So although I may like it for one afternoon,
I don't want to live on the moon.

Or I could travel under the sea.
I could meet all the fish everywhere.
Yes, I'd travel under the sea,
But I don't think I'd like to live there.

Though I'd stay for a day there if I had my wish.
But there's not much to do when you're friends are all fish.
And an oyster and clam aren't real family, so I don't want to live in the sea.

I'd like to go to the jungle, hear the lions roar.
Go back in time and meet a dinosaur.
There's so many strange places that I'd like to be.
But none of them permanently.

So if I should visit the moon,
Well I'll dance on a moonbeam and then
I will make a wish on a star
And wish I were home once again.

Though I'd like to look down at the earth from above,
I would miss all the faces of the people I love.
So although I may go I'll be coming home soon.
'Cause I don't want to live on the moon.

No I don't want to live on the moon."

With the last notes I looked over at the love of my life and he was sleeping soundly, his chest rising and falling with deep steady breaths. I quietly placed my guitar back in the case and settled it down by the closet.

Crawling back into bed and under the covers I looked down at him, his eyes closed and lips slightly parted. Soft snores floated around his face as I laid down beside him.

"I'll see your beautiful eyes tomorrow," I whispered to his amazing face. "I love you, Sean."