"You're like a Korean snuggle pillow."

-Mark's POV-

"Can't be helped Fish," Hunter said, his voice sounding apologetic and rushed. "I tried to get you out of it, especially such short notice...but, there are just some people who I can't charm. Theo is one of them."

I sighed heavily into the phone.

"The meeting should only take an hour or so," he continued, trying to sound a bit more upbeat. "I don't even expect that he wants you to talk, but it's about you being there and I want both you and Jack to really be looking great to Small Talk's shareholders."

"No, no," I said, pacing back and forth in the hallway area. "You're right about the shareholders, and I did assure Mr. Spencer in our last sit down meeting that our wedding and trips wouldn't affect what we were doing with the sponsorship. Luckily I have my laptop and there is solid wifi. What time is the meeting?"

"7:00am tomorrow, sharp," he said, sounding relieved. "So that would be around, I think 3:00pm your time, right?"

"Yes, but..Jesus, why so early for you guys in the office?"

Hunter gave a weak chuckle. "Theo wants to get everything understood and talked about before he meets with his higher ups at 10:00am."

I groaned.

"Thanks for the sympathy, Fish," he said. "If it helps you feel less concerned, this is nothing new for us. One time Theo had us in here at 6am for a conference call to some clients in Hong Kong. Poor James in the accounting department fell asleep halfway through asking a question. Mate still gets teased about it."

I sighed again.

"Just as long as I have my coffee and I take a jog right beforehand I'll make it out alive. Like I said, you don't even have to say anything. Just grunt every so often and make sure that you have your laptop on so you can see all of the boring graphs and charts Susan has to make."

"Ok," I said, shaking my head. "Just send me over the information that I need to log in, and I'll be there."

I hung up the phone and sighed again. Jack was already having a hard time with the jet lag, and neither yesterday or today did he get a chance to nap due to all of the packing. His mood was getting more stressed each day, and even though I knew that he loved Felix, I barely stopped him from throwing a chair directly at Felix's face with all of the sarcastic comments Felix had this evening.

I opened back up the bedroom door to find him sleeping, his face looking exhausted. I guess never realized he had gotten so used to our routine at home. Jack had gone kicking and screaming into a schedule I had set up, but even just as late as a week ago he thanked me for it. He even had called me a "hero" for taming his manic way of dealing with time management and recording his videos.

Up until Hunter's phone call, I had a clear idea for tomorrow. Felix already made plans and would be out for most of the day. We would pack until 2:00pm and I would stop Jack, and no matter how much he protested and struggled. Then we would lay on the couch in his living room, turn on the small television set and we would nap. He would get to recharge like he did at home, wake up refreshed, and I wouldn't be dealing with a zombie for the rest of the day.

With the meeting at 3:00pm a nap on the couch just wasn't happening. The office would be the only place in the house for me to set up my laptop, and despite Hunter's assurances that I wouldn't need to chime in, I needed to make sure that I was at a desk to make sure I could properly take notes just in case I was called to talk, or if I needed to ask questions.

I looked at the time, and crawled into bed with him. He didn't move at all when I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him gently on the cheek. Hopefully I would figure out a plan before the meeting.

***

"You're being serious?"

I nodded.

He folded his arms and glared at me. "No, I won't do it."

"Babe..."

"No, it's ridiculous," he said, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "I am not napping on your lap during your meeting. I'm not a two year old, and even if I did agree to it, I doubt that I would even be able to sleep sitting up."

I raised an eyebrow. "You once fell asleep standing in the shower."

"You are never going to let me forget about that night, are you?" he asked, his face completely red now.

"No, because it was hilarious," I replied.

His bright blue eyes narrowed at me.

"Hey," I said, taking a hold of his hand. "Look, you're right. It was a really silly idea. How about you just nap in the bedroom and after the meeting I come in and join you? Sound like a plan?"

"Yes, that's fine. Ok."

***

Oh my god, Hunter was right about these graphs and charts being boring.

The meeting had just started and I already was bored and confused. Mr. Spencer was filling up my laptop screen, pointing at black and white charts, his low voice slow and methodical. Every so often I could hear some cough in the room or yawn, but otherwise just Mr. Spencer was being heard.

I leaned over in the office chair and waited as the minutes ticked away. I heard the door open slowly, and looking to see who came in, I saw Jack looking incredibly tired. His eyes drooping and his hair messy. He walked over to me, and looked very grumpy.

"Hey," I said, taking a hold of his hand, "shouldn't you be napping?"

"I tried to n I can't," he said, his accent thick with sleep. "Too used to you bein' there."

There was silence for a moment, while he looked like he was making a decision about something in his mind.

He sighed, and sat on my lap, facing me. His legs straddling the sides of my legs and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled and began to rub his lower back and his sighed happily.

"If you tell anyone about this," he said, his eyes looking directly at me, "And I'll never make you homemade chicken and dumplings again."

"Agreed," I said, chuckling softly.

Then, he laid his head leaning against the side of my neck, and within the next few minutes, he was sound asleep and snoring loudly.