"You're still my favorite place to lay my head."

- Jack's POV -

"And you are sure that you are comfortable with this? Just blink three times if Mark is standing off camera holding your Cheese Infuser 5000 hostage."

I giggled and shook my head, and turned my video camera towards the doorway of my office.

"No Mark anywhere around and Cheese Infuser is safe and sound in the kitchen. I'm fine with Hunter and Mark being friends."

Bob raised an eyebrow.

"I mean it," I said, smiling at him with what I hoped was full reassurance. "Hunter has been great. He's the main reason I'm in my own office now. He came up with the idea."

"Ok," Bob replied, though he still didn't seem like he fully was on board. "Just as long as you're fine with it."

I nodded.

"Then that's all that matters. Mandy and I got your invite. I assume that all of the penises drawn all over the envelope wasn't your idea?"

"What? God damn it, Felix!"

Bob laughed loudly. "We thought as much. Of course we'll be there, and I'd be honored to be a groomsman. Is it tuxedoes or can I just wear swim trunks and sandals?"

"Neither, Bob, though the visual of you in beach gear is hilarious. Black dress suits, with either a blue or brown tie. Whichever you prefer."

Bob nodded, his kind eyes looking into mine.

"What? Did Felix draw a penis on my face too?"

Bob laughed again. "No man, just...you look really happy is all. I'm glad you guys are finally getting married. Both Mandy and I are thrilled for the both of you."

"Stop that," I said, feeling my eyes watering. "I'm already going to be crying like a bitch at the wedding. I don't need start six months early."

"Consider the sentimentality an early wedding gift," Bob replied. "Just let us know if there's anything we can do to help, and I'll be giving you another call soon about the collab with Wade next Tuesday. Tell Mark I said "hey"."

"I will. Talk to you later Bob."

Bob gave a small wave, and disconnected the Skype call. I sent out some additional videos for Robin to start editing and headed to the kitchen for a snack.

Mark was sleeping on the living room couch, his face away from the television screen and snoring softly. Chica was resting on the floor beside him, but lifted her head when she saw me.

"Hey Chica bica," I whispered to her. "Were you keeping him company while he napped?"

Chica blinked up at me, her tongue sticking out in a happy pant and I joined Mark on the couch and wiggled in between his legs and laid my head down on his chest. I inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of his shampoo. The sound of his heartbeat made my heart flutter in my own chest.

"I love you," I muttered.

He grunted, wrapped his warm arms around me and continued to snore.

I watched television for a while as he slept, his breathing deep and calm. Every so often he would squeeze me a little tighter when I shuffled for the remote or reached down to pat Chica on the head.

I placed my hand near the top of his head, loving how soft his hair always felt, and ran my fingers through it. He groaned, opening his dark brown eyes slowly at me.

"Hey babe," he said, his voice deep with sleep. "I was dreaming about you."

"Were you," I replied, kissing his scruffy chin. "Good dreams, hopefully?"

"Of course," he said, lowering his head and catching my lips in a kiss.

Chica whimpered softly and we pulled away to look at her, a squeaky ball in her mouth. We both chuckled.

"Looks like we're neglecting our furry baby," Mark said as he gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. "We are horrible parents."

I held out my hand and received the drool covered squeak toy and gave it a throw. Chica raced after it, her nails making tapping noises on the wooden floor.

"How long was I napping?" Mark asked, hugging me again.

"Not sure when you got out here, but I've been cuddling you for about an hour."

"Oh Jesus," he groaned lifting us both up to sit. "Yeah I've been sleeping way longer than I meant."

"We have leftover chicken and dumplings. Want me to heat them up for us?"

"That would be great," he said, giving me another hug as Chica finally came trotting back with a stuffed duck toy in her mouth.

"That's not the toy I threw for you," I giggled. Chica just wagged her tail happily.

"Hey Chica," I whispered. "Want a treat?"

In a flash she dropped the duck and went running towards the kitchen. We headed into the kitchen together after her, and I poured a few of Chica's dog cookies into her bowl. She munched them up with loud crunches while I warmed up a large bowl of leftover of the chicken and dumplings. Mark sat down at the table and yawned again.

As placed the dumplings on the table, he opened his mouth and closed his eyes.  Giggling I fed him a spoonful of dumplings.

"You're getting as good as making these as my mom, seriously babe."

"Thanks," I said, giving him another kiss on the lips and grabbing bite for myself. "It was nice being awake to watch you sleeping for a change. Were you trying to get a nap in before the afternoon?"

"No," he said getting up again and heading to the fridge. "Wanted to talk to you but you were busy, and just fell asleep while I was waiting."

I felt my eyebrows raise up in surprise. "Talk to me? About what?"

He sat back down with orange juice in a tall glass. "We still need to get the catering taken care of and get someone to officiate the wedding."

"More reasons to eat is always great to me."

He laughed, taking another bite of dumplings. "Then I guess you're wanting to start finding the food vendor first?"

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Have we just met?"

He chuckled again. "I'll start looking at that list of catering services Felix gave me tomorrow.