"You'd think by now your love of cake wouldn't surprise me."

-Mark's POV-

"Welcome to Tonya's Tasty Cakes! I'm Tonya and I am here to assist you in finding the best cake for your perfect day."

Tonya was a delightful plump little woman with a sweet smile, dark brown hair and light brown eyes. Jack looked like he was physically having trouble not leaping over to the shelves of brightly colored wedding cakes and eating everything he could get his hands one.

"Bright Eyes," I whispered as he stared in wonder, "you're drooling on this lovely lady's carpet."

"So much cake," Jack replied, his voice full of childlike wonder. "So much cake Mark. Can we just have the wedding here?"

Tonya giggled, apparently delighted at Jack's happy face. She lead us over to a table and we sat down, and she pulled over a few different color books for us to go through.

"First things first," she said happily, "did you two already have a color selection in mind for your amazing day?"

"No, not yet," Jack admitted, taking a hold of my hand. "We're getting married in a flower garden, so there are lots of colors."

I nodded and smiled, squeezing Jack's hand in mine.

"That sounds gorgeous!" Tonya said, her round face breaking into a watery smile. "Then perhaps our garden color selection would be more of what you are looking at. I'll get some examples for you to look through. Any type of cakes that your favorite? We are a full bakery so we pretty much can make anything for you, plus we have samples for you to try today as well."

Jack looked like he was just told that Christmas had come early. His smile so big that it was almost blinding.

"We can have samples? Of cake?" he asked, his voice pretty much a small squeak at this point.

"I think that you just broke my fiancé's brain, Tonya," I said, chuckling at Jack.

She smiled and got up quickly. "Why don't we have you two try out the cake samples first. What would you like to try first? Angel cake? Chocolate? Strawberry? Marble?"

"Yes, please!" Jack said, adjusting himself in his chair.

"I like your enthusiasm!" she chimes as I rolled my eyes. "I'll bring in a tray of our best sellers. I hope that you both are hungry!"

Jack seemed to take these words as a challenge and sat up straighter in his chair, his blue eyes full of determination. Tonya came back a few minutes later with a huge platter full of small slices of different types of  cakes. She placed it in front of us and Jack gasped as if we were watching fireworks.

"Babe, remember that this is a cake tasting," I said smirking, "Not a buffet."

Jack gave me a grumpy look but turned his attention back onto the desserts, his hands ready to dig in once Tonya gave the word for us to start. She pointed at a small white cake on the end with red filling."

"This little beauty is our white chocolate cake with raspberry filling. A nice lighter option if you two are fans of chocolate, but would like a somewhat lighter option."

Jack grabbed a fork and took a bite, groaning happily as he licked his lips. I raised an eyebrow at him. He scooped up another piece and fed it to me.

I groaned too.

"So I'll put down our "Raspberry Dream" as a good possibility?" Tonya asked, looking pleased at both of our reactions.

We both said yes at the same time. After about an hour of trying cakes with colorful names like Caramel Sunset and Vanilla Forever we sat back, full and happy trying our best to decide.

"I'm torn between "Raspberry Dream" and "Lost Our Marbles" cake," he said, looking over to me. "What do you think?"

"I think that I won't be able to eat dinner tonight," I groaned. "My body is slowly going into a cake induced coma."

Jack scrunched up his nose annoyed as Tonya laughed. "You're no help at all," he grumbled.

"I just came to eat cake and agree with whatever you decide, babe," I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Jack's cheeks turned bright pink as he smiled at me. "That was a sneaky way to get out of choosing," he said. "But I approve of it."

Tonya cooed at us, and waved at a staff member to grab the empty platter from the table.

"The 'Raspberry Dream' would look beautiful with the flowers," Jack decided after a moment. "Let's go with  that one."

"Wonderful choice," Tonya sighed. "I just need you to sign a few papers and we'll get your order placed."

After another half an hour we were out of the bakery, our bellies full of delicious cake and holding each other's hands.

"Happy about what I decided on?" he asked as we headed towards the car. "You know this is your wedding too."

I looked over at him, our eyes connected.

"I'm happy with you, Bright Eyes," I said, giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Everything else is just icing on the cake."

He groaned at the bad joke, but gave me a kiss on the lips just the same.