"You know I should start to check who's there before I open our front door."

-Jack's POV-

The house was quiet without Felix there stomping up the stairs and cursing loudly in Swedish whenever the occasion allowed, but the need to keep an eye on Hunter was the most important thing on his mind. Mark had been quieter than usual, and had taken a small break from his videos, but overall he seemed to be doing better.

Our kisses and hugs at least were for the most part back to normal, even though I could still see guilt lingering in his dark brown eyes ever so often. It was only when Felix headed back over to the house with a pile of papers and an incredibly confused expression that Mark was pulled more out of his sadness. The ability to help a friend was always a great way that he was able to smile again.

Apparently Felix had bought his new house sight unseen and was now dealing with a few more repairs than was expected. Edgar would be getting to the states within the next couple of weeks along with all of the rest of Felix's items he was able to bring over from England. Mark already having bought a house before in the US was able to answer general questions, but as far as actually providing legal help that he was only able to suggest one person. He frowned at the scream that Felix made when he heard who was going to be meeting the two of them at the new house.

"Mike? Seriously you invited Mike? I'm still pissed off at him from the holiday charity event!"

I watched as the love of my life and one of my best friends glared at each other, mildly wondering if I was going to have to break up another fist fight like before. I hoped not. I didn't think that my face could take another accidental punch.

"He has real estate experince Fe, and honestly you aren't really in the best of positions to complain much about it. He's not jumping over the moon to help you either, but he's willing to do it. Just please be nice to each other, ok?"

Felix narrowed his eyes at the idea of being civil, but didn't say anything else at the moment. and soon there was a hesitant knock on the door that let everyone know that Mike had arrived. I opened the door and it was hard to see who was more displeased to see the other, but I think Mike won that contest by just the smallest of margins.

"Nice to see you've still been eating, Mike," Felix sneered as he looked at Mike's slightly rounder belly.

"Let's get going, you two," Mark quickly said before Mike was able to respond.

It was decided just to keep the peace that Mark would go with them, and still needing to finish a couple of videos, I decided to stay behind at the house.

"Call me if even the threat of bloodshed seems to be happening," I whispered as Mark headed out, and he gave me a quick hug and kiss.

Chica joined me in my office as I began to work on my next 'Let's Plays' and I was happy to have her company as I worked. It was her bark that made me take off my headphones and realize that there was someone at the door. I hadn't expected anyone other than Ethan to come over for a visit, and that was going to be much later in the day.

The door was knocked again as I headed quickly towards it, with Chica close on my heels looking curiously at the door. I opened it wide to see Hunter fall forward into the entranceway, and I yelped. He just caught his balance before he fell over completely.

Chica wagged her tail happily at the sight of Hunter again. It had been a long time since she had seen him. I noticed that he definitely had been spending a lot of time away from the office. His hair looked a bit longer than I had seen it, and his had a severe five o clock shadow covering his dimpled face. His green eyes looked slightly unfocused and he leaned a bit heavily on the door once I closed it.

"Hey Jack," he said, his deep voice strained and tentative. "I'm sorry for intruding...but I need to talk to you, please?"

His words were slightly slurred as if he had been drinking, though I could tell that he was trying almost painfully to keep himself composed. It amazed me even now, with his dishevled clothes and hair that he was still so incredibly good looking.