"You should always travel with an emergency beanie."

-Mark's POV-

I stared at the top of his head, almost transfixed by the sight of it.

"Mark," he grumbled, "I swear to god..."

"I know that I'm really out of date with fashion, but - "

"If you love me, you won't say what I think you're about to say."

"Is the 'raging bedhead' the new look?"

He turned to face me, his dark hair in at least five different directions. His blue eyes, bloodshot and mostly closed. In his slender hands he held a giant cup of black coffee.

"You're lucky I got to the airport at all," he snarled, taking a another large gulp from his cup. "Full disclosure. I don't plan on being awake by the time we finish the take off."

"Noted and understood," I said, placing an arm around his shoulders, and giving a kiss to his crazy hairline. "I'll buy you another coffee before we get on the plane, ok?"

A faint hint of a smile appears on his lips. "Get me more coffee and all will be forgiven."

***

"Excuse me, but could we have a couple of pillows, please?"

The flight attendant smiled kindly and handed me two pillows. Just like our trip from England back to the US, I placed one pillow under my head, put the other pillow on his headrest, and then gently lifted him from my shoulder and onto his pillow. His snores were soft and rhythmic.

At least he did make it though take off.

I yawned, pulled out headphones and plugged into the music station. Then placing my hand on top of his and giving him a soft kiss on the lips, I went to sleep as well.

***

"Please tell me that I'm only dreaming of you stealing my bacon," he muttered, as he opened his eyes and down at his plate.

Caught red handed.

"In my pitiful defense," I replied, pulling my fingers  away from his breakfast plate, and going back to mine, "I did try to wake you at least twice."

He yawned and stretched, and turned to fully face me. "A likely story, Tyler," he said grinning at me.

"Ouch babe," I said, smiling back, and clutching my wounded heart. "I thought that you loved me."

He giggled and started eating his food. "Not when the fate of my bacon is involved."

I chuckled myself and leaned in and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Well, my attempted food theft aside, you seem to be in a much better mood."

He glanced back over to me, looking sheepish. "Yeah, I am. Sorry about earlier. I really am horrible in the morning, aren't I?"

"Positively monstrous," I replied back. "So many people maimed at the airport in your rampage for coffee."

"I'll claim temporary insanity in court," he said, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. "With my coffee fueled past and my puppy eyes, no jury will ever convict me."

I laughed, and moved the rest of my bacon to his plate. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just to help make sure that you stay in a good mood. We still have a long time in the air."

***

-Jack's POV-

Robin: Just text me when you have your bags, and are both outside. I'll pull around and get you.

I texted back a short reply, and glanced back up at my phone. Mark was moving stiff legged back over to me, our roller bag behind him and adjusting his glasses. He glanced back up at my head.

"I know, I know," I said, running my fingers through my hair again. "It still looks awful. Probably worse than before, doesn't it?"

He looked conflicted about answering my question. "Is this one of those trick questions where no matter what I say will make the situation better?"

I thought for a moment. "Probably, yes."

"Then actively pleading the fifth."

"Chicken," I smirked.

"I'll wear my feathers proudly."

We reached the outside corridor and I texted Robin where we were. He texted back that he would be there in about five minutes.

"So, is there anything that I can help with regarding the final parts of the sale?" he asked.

"I'm meeting with the buyers on Tuesday and just a few more signatures and it'll all be done. My house will be sold and I'll be completely free to leech onto you in LA for the rest of our lives."

"What a romantic way to see it," he said, rolling his eyes at me.

"My lips spill out nothing but poetry," I replied. I glanced to over to see Robin's car, and waved him over. He stopped and hopped out, looking over to me, face fairly annoyed.

"What's up with you?" I asked, feeling concerned.

"I'm just telling you right now that I tried to speed away before he jumped into the car, but he runs like a cheetah apparently."

The back window rolled down, and an incredibly familiar face appeared.

"Oh hell," Mark groaned.

"Hey bros," Felix said, his blue eyes looking up at my wild hair. "Wow Jack, what happened to your head? Did Mark fuck you on the plane?"