"You'll wish I had just kept my big mouth shut."

-Mark's POV-

We got out of Hunter's car and head inside the house, both carrying groceries. I could hear the movie still playing in the living room, but the loud chatting that we left behind was gone. After placing our food in the freezer and fridge we headed back to the living room to see both Jack and Felix fast asleep.

It took all the strength that I could muster to not pull out my phone and take a picture of the two of them. Jack was sitting on the couch with his head leaning back on the top cushion, mouth opened and snoring loudly.  Felix was snoring just as loudly, with his head on Jack's lap and his legs curled up on the cushions behind him.

"Should we wake them up?" Hunter whispered behind me.

I shook my head. "Let's let them sleep a bit longer. They both look like they needed the nap."

Hunter chuckled. "Want to head outside? We can finish out chat from earlier."

"Yeah," I said, realizing that this was the perfect opportunity to be a better friend. "Let's head out in the backyard. I'll grab a couple of waters for us to drink."

The night was clear and warm as I headed outside to join Hunter, who smiled as I handed him a bottled water and stood next to him near the pool. The underwater pool lights hit his face as he looked at me. It made me understand a little more about what he had said about him having a lot of people who just wanted to be around him to sleep with him.

The first thing, and sometimes the only thing you saw when you looked at Hunter was how attractive he was. Not how smart he was, or how funny, or how sweet or kind. Just that he was almost too handsome. From his perfect teeth to the freckles on the bridge of his nose to the deep set dimples that you saw no matter his expression.

He talked about his looks like they were almost a burden. Something that he had to push through so people could see that he was so much more than what they saw on the surface. It must be frustrating sometimes to be just seen as an object to be admired or chased after.

"You look deep in thought," he said.

I shook my head slightly, not realizing how quiet I was.

"Sorry, just thinking about what you said in the car. About not having many friends. It bothers me that you feel like that."

He shrugged his broad shoulders. "It's nothing that can be done about it. I'm just glad that you and Jack care about me. It's nice to be cared about."

"Felix cares about you too," I offered. "I know it's not any of my business, but you both seem really good together. Have you considered - "

I paused, trying to find the best way to phrase what I was suggesting to him.

"Dating him?" Hunter finished my sentence, and I felt relieved.

I slowly nodded.

"Of course I have," he said, taking a seat in one of the lawn chairs near the pool. "Phoenix is a good person. Nutty as squirrel shit sometimes, but underneath the craziness, he's one of the sweetest people I've ever been with."

I raised my eyebrows. "We are talking about the same man, right? Blonde hair, slender build, and currently passed on out my fiance's lap?"

Hunter chuckled. "Yeah, that's the guy."

We were silent for a while, the only sounds the slight wind rustling the leaves overhead. Hunter was looking down at his large hands, his expression serious again.

"I think that I need to cut it off with him, Fish."

I felt my heart jump into my throat as I looked up at him, his eyes looking pained.